PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Nurgle Daemon putrid fun fest

anuburos
15-04-2008, 09:10
Played Nurgle daemons from SOC, so this is my first run of making a Nurgle army. Let me know what you think of this army and what I should or could do to make it more effective.

GUO- lvl 3 spellcaster, trappings (4+/regeneration), slime trail (no bonus in flank and rear charges) 595pts

Herald of Nurgle- lvl 1 spellcaster, battle standard with Sundering standard (?- the one that's -2 to cast to a magic lore) + 50 more points on equipment (not sure what to give him yet) 290pts

15 Plague bearers, full command, standard of seeping decay (Herald here)

10 plague bearers

10 plague bearers

4 Nurglings

3 Beasts of Nurgle

2 Beasts of Nurgle

2000pts even

I thought about getting more characters but Beast of Nurgle are pretty much better than most character for a cheap amount of points. Only the Nurglings and the 2 small units of Plague bearers don't have regeneration:skull:

oCoYoRoAoKo
15-04-2008, 09:50
for a start, i applaud you for trying to go a mono-god list. the real strength of nurgle is the powers added to his troops via heralds. therefore, i think that you should try to get in 1 or 2 more level 1 heralds (worth it for their first spell alone) to put in your units. also, that would give you 7DD in the magic phase (meaning that you dont need the banner and can use the points elsewhere). also, i think that, to get the points for the herald (s) you can drop one beast (and run them in 2 x 2). i would also be tempred to run the plaguebearers in units 2 ranks of 6 (with herald in each).

thats all i can think of at the mo, hope it helps,

Cy.

anuburos
15-04-2008, 15:55
Thanks for the input. So you would add at least one more herald and not worry about a BSB. How much equipment/gifts should I arm the Heralds with to make them good but not too expensive.