PDA

View Full Version : spartan ogres

savage_&_proud_of_it
15-04-2008, 12:58
i have thought of the idea of converting ogres to look like the spartans of off "300", does anyone know how this could be done, i have seen one done but it was just a one off

thanks for any help

Count de Monet
15-04-2008, 13:09
Greenstuff capes, find something suitable for shields (if don't want to just use the fists), chop off the weapons and insert suitable sized spears, greenstuff helmets.

Though the idea of Ogres in speedos is a bit disturbing...:eek::D

savage_&_proud_of_it
15-04-2008, 13:30
im not that handy with greenstuff thats the problem, and i agree about the ogres in speedos

Grom Wronghand
15-04-2008, 15:41
Fitting 300 ogres into an army might be a tad difficult, unless your playing 6000 something points... :D

If you want to get decent looking spears that still look ogrey, cut the blade off the top of the swords and glue them in place to the standard pole. I think it looks really good.

Johnnyfrej
15-04-2008, 20:12
Spartan Ogres?

This is madness...

Bretonnian Lord
15-04-2008, 20:16
Spartan Ogres?

This is madness...

This... is... OGRE KINGDOMS!!! :eek:

I think an army of Ogres dressed as Spartans would be pretty cool. :o Are you giving them full body armor (historically accurate) or the speedos from 300? Either of them would work if done properly, I think I would die laughing if I saw Greasus Goldtooth in a speedo. Then be highly disturbed. :wtf:

The Anarchist
15-04-2008, 21:08
Gnoblar Genral; " it seems i brought more soldiers."

King Oger-nides "Ogres what is your profession?"
"Food Food Food!"

The Anarchist
15-04-2008, 21:16
on a serious note to how it can be done, i would recomend using small platic shelids, u cna make them urself from scratch wid patience and a sharpe craft knife, alternativly go buy some cheap plastic spoons and break the heads off them, thye should be jsut about right.

as for cloaks i can't rlei think of much other than green stuff.....some other iluminary fo warseer may have ideas though.
hope this may help a little bit.

NinjaMan
15-04-2008, 21:34
Gnoblar Genral; " it seems i brought more soldiers."

King Oger-nides "Ogres what is your profession?"
"Food Food Food!"

wow.. lol pretty hilarious

Malorian
15-04-2008, 21:36
I saw some capes made out of cheap cloth soaked in glue. Looked alright and didn't cost the army and a leg that all that green stuff will cost you to do the whole army.

Mercules
16-04-2008, 03:10
Hmmmm... a whole army of Spartan Ogres? I don't know about that.

I could definitely see a Maneater with a Greco-Roman theme about them or two. That would be a rather nice contrast to the rest of the army.

savage_&_proud_of_it
16-04-2008, 06:14
ye thanks for the help, malorian, what were the cloaks you saw made out of?

and they would be like the ones of off 300, i would also cry if i saw greasus wearing speedos

thankyou again (ps there would not be 300 ogres in the army, that is madness)

Tiamat
16-04-2008, 08:13
Though the idea of Ogres in speedos is a bit disturbing...

blooaaaargh! :(

Thanks for that mental image.

Imperialis_Dominatus
16-04-2008, 08:37
It's few and far between the occasions I wander into the Fantasy forums...

This is one of the good ones.

I fully endorse your product and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Bregalad
16-04-2008, 08:56
Ogres look more like the Spartans enemies in the movie (one mutant was rejected, remember?). That said, have a look at the Blood Bowl Ogre team for cc ogres with a similar look.

snurl
16-04-2008, 09:02
Send in the immortals!

There was a metal bone giant head variant that wore a very spartan looking helmet. Too bad you can't buy bits anymore.

chaotic
16-04-2008, 09:15
use a gorger for ephialtes (the hunched back guy), for shields you could probably use the standard bearer arms and turn the pole around (possibly give them better spear tips), give them battle pipes instead of bellowers, and if you want some gnoblars in the army use them to represent the archadians (weaker warriors of the army) and equip them all with light armour and ironfists

Malorian
16-04-2008, 13:55
ye thanks for the help, malorian, what were the cloaks you saw made out of?

Just cloth. The guy had cut up a shirt, soaked it on glue, and then put it on the model to dry.

I was amazed at how well it worked.

guillaume
16-04-2008, 14:03
If you go and look on the ogre kingdom forum: ogrestronghold.com

you will see that someone has made an absolute stunner of a 300 ogre army with shields and helmets as part of a "tale of four gamer" article.

http://ogrestronghold.com/forum/index.php?topic=4160.45

the player who made the army "Ikim" has a photobucket account with all new models painted: stunner

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v111/ikim/The%20Greathead%20Tribe/?sc=1&multi=1&addtype=local&media=image

Count de Monet
16-04-2008, 14:35
If you go and look on the ogre kingdom forum: ogrestronghold.com

you will see that someone has made an absolute stunner of a 300 ogre army with shields and helmets as part of a "tale of four gamer" article.

http://ogrestronghold.com/forum/index.php?topic=4160.45

the player who made the army "Ikim" has a photobucket account with all new models painted: stunner

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v111/ikim/The%20Greathead%20Tribe/?sc=1&multi=1&addtype=local&media=image

Awesome stuff. Roman-themed, not really Spartan/300, but definitely enough similarities to help give inspiration. :)

Neknoh
16-04-2008, 14:39
25 or 40mm bases for Shields (smooth out edges)

Bannerpoles or brass-rod for spearshafts

Big capes out of greenstuff (easy to do, just cut a shape in rolled out greenstuff and put it across the shoulders, think gingerbread-man-making)

Helmets will be needing to be greenstuffed.

¤gets picture in his head¤

"Our arrows, will blott out the sun!"
"Then we shall fight in the shade. . . ¤buuuuurp¤"

Ethlorien
16-04-2008, 19:09
You can buy the spartan sheilds from Crocodile games now sperately from their spartan line. Pick up 300 of those. Glue about six or seven together to form a bigger sheild, green stuff some bolts and straps to make it look like the ogres crudely fashioned them together. That way, while you don't have 300 spartan ogres, you've got 300 spartan sheilds. At 6-7 shields apiece, that's only 40-50 ogres needed. So, while not actual spartans, they can be the blokes that beat up the legendary 300 and stole their shields as trophies!

Malorian
16-04-2008, 20:35
You can buy the spartan sheilds from Crocodile games now sperately from their spartan line. Pick up 300 of those. Glue about six or seven together to form a bigger sheild, green stuff some bolts and straps to make it look like the ogres crudely fashioned them together. That way, while you don't have 300 spartan ogres, you've got 300 spartan sheilds. At 6-7 shields apiece, that's only 40-50 ogres needed. So, while not actual spartans, they can be the blokes that beat up the legendary 300 and stole their shields as trophies!

Now ther's an idea I like : )

Neknoh
16-04-2008, 20:46
Or simply use those shields as gutplates and get the Ogres bigger shields? That way, they have the spartan shields, but they weren't big enough for the 'ard ogres