PDA

View Full Version : Orkiness

hairyman
20-04-2005, 08:39
(Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place...)

Orks equate red to speed. Do they have any other colours with significance, and specifically do they have a colour for good luck or fortune?

Azhrahg
20-04-2005, 09:03
(Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place...)

Orks equate red to speed. Do they have any other colours with significance, and specifically do they have a colour for good luck or fortune?

SOME orks use blue for good luck - I think it's the death skulls, but I am not certain (they paint their skin, not their clothes/machines iirc). It is not as widely recocnized as red though. Also the Goffs have something about black - I don't remember what exactly, but they generally view any ork using bright colours as a unorkish gutless flashy gitz.

Azhrahg.

salty
20-04-2005, 09:35
Death Skulls: Blue (though IIRC most Orks associate blue with good luck and looting)

Evil Suns: Red with yellow flames

Kult Of Speed: Red vehicles and armour

Goffs: Black, Black and white checks or black and white dags

Bad Moons: Yellow (I think because they are rich and yellow is maybe extravagant?)

Death Skulls: Any colour as long as its in a camo pattern...

Snakebites: Too old skool for flash colours.

Salty :)

sigur
20-04-2005, 09:37
I think Goffs like black/white checkers too.

Blue, red and green(duh) are considered to be the most important colors to Orks I guess.

Actually colors used to be more important before Orks were reduced to barbaric, wandering tribes in 3rd edition.

DantesInferno
20-04-2005, 09:37
Definately the Death Skulls who see blue as a lucky colour:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/death%2Dskulls/

It seems that the red= faster is by far the most universal colour significance, and the others largely vary depending on their clan.

Goffs do wear black: "Black is the preferred colour of the Goffs. Other clanz that wear bright colours and patterns are simply mocked as not proper Orks, or as just plain weedy. The most common decoration is a checker pattern of black and white or a contrasting border. Excessive deviation from the way of the clan is met with derision, and the miscreant will certainly get clobbered by any Boss Ork who comes his way."

TheSonOfAbbadon
20-04-2005, 18:50
Green represents Orkiness in general.

Red represents speed.

Yellow represents wealth.

Blue is good luck [duh].

Black represents strength/brute force.

Basically it, yo.

hairyman
20-04-2005, 19:56
cheers all

*reaches for blue paint*

sigur
20-04-2005, 22:07
cheers all

*reaches for blue paint*

If you drink it, your tummy will get lucky! ;)

malika
21-04-2005, 14:35
Evil Suns: Red with yellow flames

Kult Of Speed: Red vehicles and armour

Salty :)

Arent these two things sort of the same?

charlie_c67
21-04-2005, 14:55
Kind of, but the Kult is made up from orks of any Klan. There was a lot more of a differentiation in the RT and 2nd ed days. Something they sadly did away with in the 3rd ed.

Dakkagor
21-04-2005, 21:57
Try picking up the ork 2nd ed codex. Well worth a read. Its got a full list of glyphs for ork language, and a breakdown of each clan and oddboyz, and so many wierd and wonderful other things. Like traktor kannons, shokk attack gunz, and pulsa rokkits.

Oh, those where the days. :misty eyed:

TheSonOfAbbadon
21-04-2005, 22:00
3rd ed 'dex has a list of glyphs too.

charlie_c67
22-04-2005, 09:44
If you can get a copy of 'Ere we go 'ere we go and Freebooterz. THE books to get for full orky goodness. Damned hard to get but worth it like a lot of the old RT books. There may have been a third too.

PlagueLord
24-04-2005, 05:23
I believe the title of the third was "Waaarg the Orks".