The Red Duke (Lord)
Walking Death
Supernatural Horror
Red Fury
Walach's Bloody Armor
Enchanted Shield
Balefire Spike
-> Hellsteed

The Crimson Bannerman (rides with Knights)
BSB
Red Fury
Sword of Might
Flayer Hauberk
Nightmare (no barding, couldn't afford)

Wight King (marches with foot knights)
Nightshroud
Sword of Kings

Serf Zombies x 20 (run interference in the flanks)
Musician

Serf Zombies x 20 (run interference in the flanks)
Musician

Serf Zombies x 20
Command

Grave Guard Knights x 19
Full Command
Banner of the Barrows

Corpse Car
Balefire

Corpse Car
Balefire

Blood Knights x4
Full Command
Banner of Strigoi

DoW
Alcantai Fellowship x 20

Walach's Black Coach

2d6
15-04-2008, 16:10
well, your lord is an illegal build to start with, He has 2 items of magic armour.

2 units of 30 zombies may prove more useful than 3 of 20, they can be raised pretty quick though, but for similar effort you could raise and increase a new unit anyway with a positional advantage.
To run interference on the flanks efficiently with zombies you will need to keep them within march range of vampires, unless you're against an army that is going to come to you.

I'm not a big fan of balefire, on a 6X4 board there is a LOT of space you don't reach, I used it against a goblin army and didn't affect a single cast until turn 3. If you are planning to raise troops lodestone has advantages. Also any army's with a warmachine or archers on a hill shouldn't have too many problems picking the carts off with only 3 wounds and T4.

The blood knights unit is pretty fragile so will need to get engaged quickly, maybe consider a protective banner as they are efficient enough in combat already, strigos could be overkill.

VC Doke
15-04-2008, 16:18
well, your lord is an illegal build to start with, He has 2 items of magic armour.
Did not know that in the new edition, thanks.

The blood knights unit is pretty fragile so will need to get engaged quickly, maybe consider a protective banner as they are efficient enough in combat already, strigos could be overkill.

Good point, maybe I'll have to find the points to put in 4+ ward vs missles banner.

VC Doke
15-04-2008, 17:49
Sorry Mr/Mrs. moderator

Von Wibble
15-04-2008, 19:28
2d6 - I think he has balefire because the army has a very poor magic phase. 5pd and 4dd by my count. A true blood dragon force in this sense. Also the zombies are the only units as core so 2 units would mean another unit of skellies/zombies/ghouls had to be taken. Since the theme appears to be very much elite this wouldn't fit.

That said, for the cost of the alcatani fellowship and a cart, you could get another unit of grave guard or black knights. I feel that either of these adds far more of a synergy - the fellowship will just form a weak point in the line as enemy hammers will target them as the unit to break through in one go - a weakness not normally provided in an undead force.

Also there are 3 rare choices in your force anyway - so my suggestion makes the army legal.