PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point New Daemons Army

TheDudeGuyMan
15-04-2008, 23:44
Since everyone is doing it... thought I'd make one too :)

When I started writing this list, I wanted to make it representative of all four gods... but the more and more I got into it, I realized that Slannesh was the only god with units I really liked... So although it's true that Slannesh is the only god represented in this army, it's not because I'm trying to make the army mono-god, rather, his units just so happen to be the only ones that fit in.

Ok, so here's how it work, magically: each wizard takes Acquiescence and casts it with two dice, Heralds use the common pool, KoS uses his own. From there, it writes itself.

Tactically: the two bigger units of Daemonettes (in ranks of 6 by 3) make up my center block, the small unit of Daemonettes goes on one side, the KoS goes on the other, Fiends go on the side with the KoS, Cavalry goes on the other. Then it advances. Fast. Really fast. I can't even tell you how fast this army is. It ain't slow.

2000 point, 8 Power Dice, 6 Dispel, 57 models

620- Keeper of Secrets w/ LvL 4, Enrapturing Gaze, Siren Song

190- Herald of Slaanesh w/ LvL 1, Many Armed Monstrosity

215- Herald of Slaanesh w/ LvL 1, Many Armed Monstrosity, Battle Standard

90- The Masque

223- 7 Seekers of Slannesh w/ Full Command, Siren Banner

120- 10 Daemonettes

432- 2x 17 Daemonettes w/ Banner

110- 2 Fiend of Slannesh

So, what do y'think?

Conotor
16-04-2008, 12:48
The army book is out???

heinrichvoncarstein
16-04-2008, 16:02
???? dude, nobody except a few people have the new book. You have to explain all the new things that are out(how about starting with Acquiescence?)

Belerophon709
16-04-2008, 19:36
Acquiscence is the first spell in the Daemon Lore of Slaanesh, cast on 5+, making the unit it's targetted at (18" range) suffer from Stupidity for the remainder of the game.
Enrapturing Gaze is a daemonic gift that makes whatever is in base contact unable to use the Ld of other models (general's Ld/bret knights in the case of peasants etc.).
Many armed monstrosity is a daemonic gift that adds 2 attacks to the model, In the case of Heralds of Slaanesh, it results in 6 WS7 S4 attacks with a -2AS, since they have the armour piercing rule in cc.
The Siren Banner makes units charged by the banner's unit unable to declare any other charge reaction than "hold". It can still change to "flee" if the units charged is outnumbered by the charging unit and fails a fear test.

isidril93
16-04-2008, 20:25
i would put the daemonettes down to 14 and try to include anther fiend, by itself or with the unit)

TheDudeGuyMan
16-04-2008, 23:23
Ah, I didn't realize so few people had the new army book. I guess I'll repost this when it's officially out.

nyahuma
18-04-2008, 15:38
Well i'm anxiously awaiting the new book too, but I like this list and will prob. do something similar. My thought was to rearrange the demonnetes a little, with one big block of 20 and two blocks of 10, making the big block into my main anvil. Also woundering about cutting back on some of the charater points and squeezing in another unit of seekers or maybe some furies. The main vulnerability of this list will be shooting, which you will obviously try to counter with speed, but I like to use small redundant units to mitigate the threat as well. Let us know how it works when you try it out.

connorz
18-04-2008, 16:22
do any of the daemonette units have command because if they dont think abour putting it in because it can help loads