PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with my balanced list!

leeoaks
13-10-2005, 22:18
ive had enough of my DOW being smashed by less balanced lists! i have just brought a new dragon and realised i can use the buggar in 1500pts! what do you think??? would it work? i think the smaller the game the less artillary an rock hard units to kill it! is this just bringing my army down to their level?

samw
13-10-2005, 22:23
Well you could allways just get a dark emissary and two level two wizards and blow your opponent to kingdom come magically, but it may be frowned on.

leeoaks
13-10-2005, 22:28
this is the problem i theme all my armies fluff wise and hate crap lists....just anoys me!

samw
13-10-2005, 22:32
Well do it as a one off. Make the cheesiest army you can and play it once against your most hated opponent. After you crush him politely ask whether he prefers your themed army or this one. I think they should get the hint.

leeoaks
13-10-2005, 22:36
"Well you could allways just get a dark emissary and two level two wizards and blow your opponent to kingdom come magically, but it may be frowned on."

i need a paymaster! so cant at 1500!

Eldacar
14-10-2005, 14:57
You can use the quote tags to quote a previous message. It makes it easier to read.

A Dark Emissary and Level 2 are in themselves a fair bit of magic power, packing 8 PD and possible 5 DD with two scrolls.

Next, Asarnil is the one you have chosen. And fluffwise, you need a good reason for him to be there, because he is currently doing everything he can to be allowed back to Ulthuan, not fighting alongside humans and the like against their enemies for pay.

Also, no. I consider Dragons in 1500 points to be even worse than in 2000 points, with the amount of points that they will consume, in addition to your Paymaster and bodyguard. Almost a third of your list? Highly unlikely that I would bother taking him.

leeoaks
14-10-2005, 18:06
my army fights for a queen....would be easy to produce fluff and my dogs of war have no bodyguard....the dont work in a cav and ogre list.

T10
14-10-2005, 18:47
ive had enough of my DOW being smashed by less balanced lists! i have just brought a new dragon and realised i can use the buggar in 1500pts! what do you think??? would it work? i think the smaller the game the less artillary an rock hard units to kill it! is this just bringing my army down to their level?

Hey, knock yourself out! Indulge yourself for once for the pleasure of seeing your opponent whimper as your dragon tears his army apart in an orgy of destruction and failed terror tests.

You may even find that it is time to move on to a new army that has more exotic elements. Ogre Kingdoms. Dark Elves.

As for tips, well, just don't get shot and you'll do fine :)

-T10

leeoaks
15-10-2005, 18:28
[QUOTE] Ogre Kingdoms[QUOTE] i'd rather jump off a tall building....and i like my dow so much character!

Slappy
15-10-2005, 18:54
Haha finally, another player finally sees that army list composition influences your win/losses dramatically.

T10
16-10-2005, 08:43
"Composition score" is a crutch for the weak - an ill-concieved attempt by tournament organizers to combat power-gamers through mathematical formulae.

Ptoi! Ptoi!

-T10

leeoaks
16-10-2005, 22:21
indeed, is the list in general not as strong as the others out there???i have a dwarf army and a slaanesh force and find that a balanced list with these works a treat! but Dow are my favourite so i naturally want them to win!

User Name
17-10-2005, 03:52
WHats yuor current list?

I would just beefe it up with ironguts... but I say try both the emmisary 2 lvl 2's and the dragon lists. If you have the dragon you might as well use itfor the fun. if they dont have alot of artillery they are in for a big headace.

Just dont let it fight a giant... holds it in place for too long. plus they can kill any monster wih luck

Scactha
17-10-2005, 06:58
"Composition score" is a crutch for the weak - an ill-concieved attempt by tournament organizers to combat power-gamers through mathematical formulae.

Ptoi! Ptoi!

-T10
Indeed it is. It covers up the lack of skill by the use of crutchunits wonderfully thus allowing the the ego to hide behind it or by accusing the opposition of ruining ones enjoyment a.k.a. 'letting me win the only way I can'.

Pfft...

As for DoW, you´re right they aren´t good by far. I managed an average result with them but in the end just found them dull. My Khornate Beasts walked over the opposition without a single spell or ranged attack. Such is the list 'balance' :rolleyes:

T10
17-10-2005, 07:23
indeed, is the list in general not as strong as the others out there???i have a dwarf army and a slaanesh force and find that a balanced list with these works a treat! but Dow are my favourite so i naturally want them to win!

I fear the Dogs of War without Regiments of Renown simply can't hack it. Sure, a decent general can score victories, but the other armies are simply more advanced with better options - they effectively have the edge over the Dogs of War.

If you really want them to win you need to dip into the Regiments of Renown. Get a migthy flyin' Dragon and some funky wild artillery and you're pretty much set!

The only thing I don't particularilly enjoy about the Regiments of Renown is that they are, well, units with Special Characters, something I usually avoid.

-T10