PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points of Dwarfs: All comments welcome

Banimal
16-04-2008, 02:29
Lord Algrin Silvermane of Karak Kadrin: Shield Bearers, Great Weapon; Master rune of kragg, rune of snorri, rune of Fury. Gromril Armor; Rune of stone, Ring;Master rune of spite
-290 pts

Thane Magni Silvermane of Karak Kadrin: Great Weapon, Shield, Gromril Armor; Rune of Stone-76 pts

Runesmith Snorri Goldhammer: Hand weapon, shield with rune of stone, talisman with Rune of spell breaking-102 pts

19 Warriors: Shields, Command-196 pts(runesmith in here)

19 Warriors: Shields, Command-196 pts(thane in here)

10 Thunderers, Shields-150 pts

13 Hammerers: Shields, Command, Master Rune of Grugni -249(Lord in here)

15 Ironbreakers, Command, Rune of Stoicism-250

Cannon, rune of Forging-125 pts

1 Grudge Thrower-80 pts

Organ Gun-120 pts
-1984 pts

As you can see i'm 16 points under, any ideas what i could do with that last few points? I'm thinking drop the Rune on the Hammerers and beef them up to 18(20 w/ lord). Yes? No?

Shakubuku
16-04-2008, 14:20
Hammers seem a bit small, I'd drop the Ironbreakers for more Hammerers, specially since the lord is going in it, and you rather not have it shot to pieces (plus hammerers are a lot more effective in most cases then Ironbreakers, compared to standard warriors :cool: ) can use the points to upgrade a warrior unit to longbeards as well.

Depending on tournament setting or not (and current favouritist of HE, VC and soon Deamons) might also be important to invest in another runesmith, either with spellbreaker or balance, but it will be mostly oponnent dependent.

Rest looks solid, I won't comment on the runes on the lord because its mostly up to personal choices (I prefer pure defense or minimally runned lord as mostly he gets avoided to death in battles) :(

Gorog Irongut
16-04-2008, 14:41
Dwarfs NEED a Bsb. Even more than having a Lord. Upgrade a thane.

I've also found that spending 50 points on a dragon slayer have ended up saving me the game.

I also support the minimal Lord. GW, R of Stone, MR of Challenge, Shieldbearers. That's enough. Maybe the R of Resistance.

Banimal
17-04-2008, 01:16
Thanks for the advice. I've actually got two lists now. Which one is better:

LIST 1
Thane Magni Silvermane of Karak Kadrin: Great weapon with Master rune of Kragg the Grim/Rune of Fury, Master Rune of Challenge Gromril Armor with Rune of Stone, Shield-146 pts
Thane Ungrim Silvermane of Karak Kadrin: BSB, Master rune of Gromril, Axe with Rune of Cleaving-135 pts
Runesmith Snorri Goldhammer of Karak Kadrin: Hand weapon, Shield with rune of stone, rune of spellbreaking-102 pts
19 Warriors: Shields, Command-196 pts(Runesmith)
19 Warriors: Shields, Command-196 pts(Thane or BSB)
15 Ironbreakers, Command, Rune of Stoicism-250
19 Hammerers: Shields, Command, Master rune of Grugni-307(thane or BSB)
Cannon, Rune of forging-125 pts
1 Grudge Thrower-80 pts
Organ Gun-120 pts
1977 pts

OR

LIST 2
Lord Algrin Silvermane of Karak Kadrin: Shield Bearers, Great Weapon; Master rune of kragg, rune of snorri, rune of Fury. Gromril Armor; Rune of stone, Master rune of spite
-290 pts
Thane Ungrim Silvermane of Karak Kadrin: BSB, Master rune of Gromril,Rune of preservation Axe with Rune of Cleaving-150 pts
Runesmith Snorri Goldhammer: Hand weapon, shield with rune of stone, talisman with Master rune of Balance-127 pts
Volgrim the Dragon slayer: 2 runes of Fury-100 pts
19 Warriors: Shields, Command-196 pts
19 Warriors: Shields, Command-196 pts
18 Hammerers: Shields, Command, Master Rune of Grugni -314
Cannon, rune of Forging-125 pts
1 Grudge Thrower-80 pts
Organ Gun-120 pts
-1998 pts

I'm a bit concerned with List B's Hammer/Lord combo, as they are well over a 1/4 of the army :rolleyes: So what do dwarf players more experienced than I think of these lists? which is better for me to work towards?