PDA

View Full Version : 3 vc 2000 pt lists

fubukii
16-04-2008, 05:30
Hmmm after dusting off my 6th edition vc army im looking into maybe buying some new models to make it more current ( new skels, grave guard, and some of those cool blood knights ^.^)

Ive been making some army lists and i came down to 3 i somewhat like so far, just wondering on which one i should use for casual play and or tournament play. any edits or ideas on the lists would be great too.

List 1 - general idea is too put the vampires in the ghoul units for the free march and advance as fast as possible with the cav and infantry support. Moderate amount of magic. i could drop the scroll for the helm of command, but with only 6 dd i think the scroll may be more useful.

2000 Pts - Vampire Counts Roster - Unnamed

-Vampire Lord @ 450 Pts - Dreadlance, Book of Arkhan, Dread Knight, Ghoulkin,
Red Fury, Barded nightmare - thought about giving this guy a ward save, but idk about the stupid checks even tho he is ld10
-Vampire @ 185 Pts - Sword of Might, The Flayed Hauberk, Dark acolyte, summon ghouls
-Vampire @ 170 Pts - Dispel Scroll, Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls
-6 Blood Knights @ 330 Pts
-5 Fell Bats @ 100 Pts
-5 Fell Bats @ 100 Pts
-5 Black Knights @ 140 Pts
-20 Crypt Ghouls @ 160 Pts
-20 Crypt Ghouls @ 160 Pts
-15 Crypt Ghouls @ 120 Pts
-5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts
-5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 1995

List 2 - a bit more cheesey i guess, magic heavy with a wight king bsb and grave guard with regeneration. Kinda of a eggs in one basket list i guess, but with a 800 pt nearly unkillable unit on the board and 12ish pd to invocation skells to a decent size i think it may work? Can also use pd to summon new units after the skels get to a good size, such as spirit hosts, and zombies.

2000 Pts - Vampire Counts Roster - Unnamed

-Vampire Lord @ 445 Pts - Level 3, Sword of Might, Walach's Bloody Hauberk, Book of Arkhan , Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Master of the Black Arts (lvl 4 wizard generates 6 pd 4 str 6 attacks, goes in the graveguard unit)
-Wight King (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 235 Pts - great weapon, hvy armour, shield, bsb, Drankenof Banner
-Vampire @ 195 Pts - The Flayed Hauberk, Dispel Scroll, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead (joins skels)
-Vampire @ 195 Pts - Nightshroud, Helm of Commandment, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead
-15 Skeleton Warriors @ 165 Pts - full cmd, war banner
-15 Skeleton Warriors @ 140 Pts
-15 Skeleton Warriors @ 140 Pts
-5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts
-5 Dire Wolves @ 40 Pts
-3 Fell Bats @ 60pts
-23 Grave Guard @ 351 Pts - full cmd, banner of the barrows

List 3 - added a necro and some other units for extra variety this is a magic heavy list, with a bit more magic d. Still has some heavy hitters.

- Vampire Lord @ 445 Pts - Level 3, Sword of Might, Walach's Bloody Hauberk, Book of Arkhan , Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Master of the Black Arts
-Vampire @ 195 Pts - Nightshroud, Helm of Commandment, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead
-Vampire @ 190 Pts - Biting Blade, The Flayed Hauberk, Black Periapt, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead
-Necromancer @ 105 Pts - 2 scrolls, and will probably pick invocation or raise dead as i feel that 1-2 dice isnt reliable enough to cast vanhels. mostly taken as a cheap scroll caddie.
-15 Skeleton Warriors @ 140 Pts - full cmd,
-19 Skeleton Warriors @ 197 Pts - full cmd, Banner of endless nightmare
-19 Skeleton Warriors @ 197 Pts - full cmd, warbanner
-6 Dire Wolves @ 48 Pts
-6 Dire Wolves @ 48 Pts
-4 Fell Bats @ 80 Pts
-4 Fell Bats @ 80 Pts
5 Blood Knights @ 275 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2000

fubukii
17-04-2008, 17:57
No opinions or comments ^.^ that either means the lists are really cheesey or i did a decent job

minionboy
17-04-2008, 18:22
1st list: Ghouls are nice and all, but no spears means people need to only kill 5 models and you don't get to attack back. I find ghouls much more effective in small units, flank charging enemies already engaged with zombies or skeletons with HW+shield. You only have 1 hard hitting unit and it's a small unit of Black Knights. 5 will go down too fast leaving your lord vulnerable.

2nd list: No mobility. Your army would get decimated by any gunline dwarf or empire army. Even Wood Elves would cause you some serious problems. 3 Bats and 10 wolves will go down quite fast, leaving you completely vulnerable.

3rd list: Lord of the Dead x 3 isn't doing you many favors. Get someone with Creatures of the Night to heal those bats and wolves. This is the best of the 3 IMO, but if your Blood Knights go down to a lucky shot (see Warp Lightning Cannon, Dwarf Canon, Volley Gun, Organ Gun, Dragon breath, Flame Cannon, I can go on...) Then your army isn't going to have any hitting power.

Overall, your lists rely too much on one small unit paying for most of the army. I'd recommend smaller, hard hitting units that pay for more than their cost. Things like a Varghulf, larger (8-10) black Knights, and more tar pits, like bat swarms and zombies. Also, keep hard hitting units small and use them for flanks, like ghouls and GG. Use skeletons/zombies to absorb charges, then those units to hit the flank and send them running.

Just my $.02 USD

fubukii
17-04-2008, 18:47
well jsut to add the first list has 3 hitty units, the black knights, the blood knights, and the lord who joins the ghoul units for the free march move.

the Plan of the list 2 is too at first turn maybe 2nd turn just invocation the hell out of my 3 skell blocks, then turn 3- and up start raising new units with winds of undeath and raise dead and vanhels them into combat. and you can heal the bats and wolves without creature of the night, you just cant raise them past starting size.

minionboy
17-04-2008, 19:41
oh, they were in reversed order, I didn't even see them, heh. Doesn't make me like the list though. :P