PDA

View Full Version : 3 dragons in 2000 points

Copenhagan
16-04-2008, 06:15
Hi. This list is mostly for fun and I would never pull it on someone I did not know.

I think that the new Elf dragon looks really good I also I the forge world emperor dragon so I'm thinking of getting it a making a rather horrible list with.

Here it is.

Lord on Moon Dragon with armor of Caledor and a lance
Dragon Mage with the Jewel of the Dusk
10 Spearmen
10 Spearmen
and the Emperor Dragon.

Would anyone face this ether with prior knowledge or I pulled it out of a hat. Or would you just beat me:D like I deserve for this list.

][nquist0r
16-04-2008, 06:36
Sure, My Shadow magic shammies love dragons.

TheDudeGuyMan
16-04-2008, 07:17
This army is very silly. But I suppose it would look really cool, if it was painted... three dragons and two little infantry teams... it'd look cooler if they were archers though...

Very much a one trick pony, though. Definitely something you'd warn your buddy about, and maybe use some silly extra rules, like the Legendary Battles junk, or something.

Braad
16-04-2008, 08:21
I don't know about the special army composition with elves (they get more specials, right? but do they get less core?) but my first thought is that this army is not yet legal.

I would give it a try if you would show up ofcourse, but it would be nice to notify in advance, so that people don't show up with some anti-dragon weapons.

Spirit
16-04-2008, 14:10
If the army is legal, you better not face any vampire armies, a flying lord with the frostblade will laugh at this one.

senorcardgage
16-04-2008, 14:31
I don't know about the special army composition with elves (they get more specials, right? but do they get less core?) but my first thought is that this army is not yet legal.

I would give it a try if you would show up ofcourse, but it would be nice to notify in advance, so that people don't show up with some anti-dragon weapons.

To the best of my knowledge HE are allowed one extra rare and special, and require one less core.

Copenhagan
16-04-2008, 14:45
That is correct. This list was not written to be a powerful list or to win a lot of games. It is more meant to freak out the other player and to have fun with.

AlexCage
16-04-2008, 14:51
Til that one Brettonian Lord who can Killing Blow large targets just kinda laughs his way through your beasties... bwahahaha.

Actually I'd pay to see that fight. If the Lord lives he shall henceforth be known as Dragon Bane! Destroyer of Elven Cheese!

The_Dragon_Rising
16-04-2008, 15:44
2 hero level dragons+ DoW dragon+ Emperor dragon(not sure what this is)? possible for four dragons?

Copenhagan
16-04-2008, 15:45
I just reread the rules for the big dragon hes I 6. So pit of shades for him.

Ok I really want to try this army out.

W0lf
16-04-2008, 16:16
There is a reason the emperor dragon takes 3 rare slots. Its too limit it to 3K plus where it is kinda manageble. One at 2K seems horrible broken and was not (in my oppinion) intended.

Zapstorm
16-04-2008, 17:14
Doesn't the Emperor Dragon only take up 2 rare slots in a High Elf army though (not that it matters as they have something like 4 rare slots at 2k anyway)

WhiteKnight
16-04-2008, 23:56
Dogs of War are completely stupid in High Elves. You have crazy good chariots and infantry so what's the point. Also bolt throwers and great eagles are great. This list is stupid, no offense. Two dragons in 2k points is like half of your army. Two units that can be killed and if killed, your army is completely doomed.

Lordmonkey
17-04-2008, 00:28
To the best of my knowledge HE are allowed one extra rare and special, and require one less core.

Eeeew! :(

Scary to look at, but there exist various elements of each army that can trump it. I wouldn't be scared of this personally, and the sheer lack of models does not spell 'army' to me.

Three dragons look a lot more impressive with an army behind them, than they do alone.

Copenhagan
17-04-2008, 04:35
I know its not a very good list. Thats not the point the point is that its a stupid list.:D

elvishpie
17-04-2008, 05:28
You do realize that dogs of war arn't allowed in the High elf list right? In their rares it just isn't listed. GW is trying to eliminate them from the newer books.

Braad
17-04-2008, 08:23
You do realize that dogs of war arn't allowed in the High elf list right? In their rares it just isn't listed. GW is trying to eliminate them from the newer books.

GW told us some time ago, when they started removing the rare-entry, not to look in our own armybook for DOW rules anymore. Everything you need to know is stated in the DOW rulesset, and you should refer to those for the rules of picking them for your army.

ReveredChaplainDrake
17-04-2008, 14:07
O... M... *******'... G... Do my eyes deceive me, or have I actually found a list that Carnosaurs are useful against?! Strike that... a list my Lizardmen are good against, period!

Oh, and well yeah, all those ascenine 4x-Greatcannon lists, too...