PDA

View Full Version : A Question on rules

Petey
16-04-2008, 06:38
Is it legal in the current addition to put a bloodthirster (or any other winged daemon hero/lord) in with a unit of rank and file demons. Further, Is it legal to put a Great unclean one in a unit of rank and file demons (again, or any other wingless daemon lord).

I did not see a restriction in the daemon book (though honestly i didn't look all that long at the thing) and would like to know based on the standard rules of play if it s legal or not.

T10
16-04-2008, 06:57
Yes.

-T10

larabic
16-04-2008, 07:37
You can put them in a unit but they can still be picked out and shot at due to the fact that they are large targets.

Feefait
16-04-2008, 13:18
Yeah there are no restrictions on mixing base sizes when it comes to characters, mounted on cavalry or monsters or monstrous characters. YOu couldn't mix units with a monster and rank and file. Like say a WE couldn't put a standard treeman in with Eternal Guard but they could put a lord on a dragon or steed in the unit.

As mentioned though they wills till get picked out in shooting. Maybe better to use them as a flanker next to the unit. Dunno, I haven't ever tried it.

theunwantedbeing
16-04-2008, 13:23
I would like to clear a common misconception up.

They can be picked out due to the fact that they are us5 or more.
Not because they are large targets.
Page 74

If the character is us4 or less and happens to be a large target and is in a unit of 5 or more rank and file troops, he CANNOT be picked out.
He can be shot at of course(as he can be seen) but you'll need a template weapon to actually hit the guy.