PDA

View Full Version : Charge Question

daemonkin
16-04-2008, 12:57
Ok this came up at the weekend:

k c h
k c h
k c h

Basically black knights declared a charge on a rallied cannon crew who decided to flee. They went through the handgunners and out the back.

Since in 7th there is no redirect it was a failed charge on the cannon crew and my knights could only move their normal movement (8") but this would take them into contact with the handgunners.

What happens? Is it a failed charge into the handgunners or do I stop 1" in front?

D.

Armilthuan
16-04-2008, 13:05
See 'Enemy in the way' in the rulebook. If there is another enemy in the same line as your charge and within your charge distance, you can charge them instead if the target decided to flee.

T10
16-04-2008, 15:24
If the crew abandons the warmachine the chargers can (indeed: must!) still engage (and destroy) the artillery piece. See the Warmachine rules.

-T10

daemonkin
16-04-2008, 15:36
They had fled previously and rallied and were subsequently fleeing again. The artillery was abandoned.

D.

T10
17-04-2008, 07:22
I was about to say "the charger's can't just ignore the abandoned artillery piece as it is still an enemy model" but I have this feeling I can't shake that this is not true...

-T10

daemonkin
17-04-2008, 07:26
So is there an actual answer to my question:

The crew fled away from the knights but did not roll high enough and the knights charged into the handgunners. Legal or no?

PS Nothing was mentioned about declaring a charge on the artillery, the crew had left it the previous turn and rallied in their turn before the knight's charge declaration. There is no artillery

D.

T10
17-04-2008, 07:44
Ah. Removing the artiellery piece creates an issue from your non-issue.

The process in this case is simple.

1. Measure to see if your Black Knights can somehow reach the fleeing crew (perhaps moving around the handgunners?), taking into account their full charge move.

2. If the handgunners are blocking the Knight's path they are an enemy in the way. The Knights change their charge declaration and declare a new charge against the handgunners.

Notice that the Knights have the option to *not* change its charge declaration, in which case it is a failed charge against the crew as it cannot reach them.

-T10