PDA

View Full Version : What's up with these E-bay auctions?

Bookwrak
16-04-2008, 16:09
Sister of Battle Blister (http://cgi.ebay.com/Games-Workshop-Witch-Hunters-Sisters-of-Battle-Blister_W0QQitemZ250237371692QQihZ015QQcategoryZ37 8QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262)
This same seller has several SoB blisters, Seraphim, Kroot Hounds, all in multiples of 990. Somehow, I find that a little... unlikely but I can't see what angle the scam would be coming from.

Kim Possible
16-04-2008, 16:15
It's a shop, silly. They put in a huge number so they don't have to relist them every time someone buys one.

boogle
16-04-2008, 16:16
maybe he mis-number how many he has, email him for clarification, he has a high feedback rating in his favour

Chaoschrist
16-04-2008, 16:38
It's a shop, silly. They put in a huge number so they don't have to relist them every time someone buys one.

But basically e-bay policy says that if I buy the listed object(s) the person has to sell me those... and say.. I'd like to buy 990 blisters :evilgrin:

Bregalad
16-04-2008, 16:41
1000 is a usual number for shop items that can be easily restocked. 990 means, he has sold 10 since creating the entry.

Leftenant Gashrog
16-04-2008, 16:57
But basically e-bay policy says that if I buy the listed object(s) the person has to sell me those... and say.. I'd like to buy 990 blisters :evilgrin:

Realistically though nobody is going to buy that many - if they did want that many they'd be better off getting a bulk deal from GW or their distributer.

Bookwrak
16-04-2008, 16:58
Yeah, I know it's a shop, but for example, what shop out there has a thousand of those $40.00 seraphim boxes in storage? And a thousand Immolators. Along with 2000 Kroot hounds. Just think of the capital investment all that would require. There is something _really_ fishy about this.

Okay, I suppose it makes sense if that doesn't actually represent the number he has on hand, and if 20 people buy blisters it means that that week he orders 20 from GW on a wholesale account. It's just that low price, combined with big number, and listed under books - non-fiction, made me think something was up.

Bregalad
16-04-2008, 17:09
No, he doesn't and most people don't expect him to have. It's just a blank, a preset number. Micro Art Studio does the same with their ebay shop for bases. They start with hundred and renew only once in a while. If someone orderes a bulk, they just go casting and are done. No problem. If someone wants 1000 kroot Hounds, they just order from GW and deliver it a bit later. No problem either.

Bookwrak
16-04-2008, 17:30
I see how it works now, but like I said, low price, big numbers, mislisted, no pictures, I figured something had to be up.

Kim Possible
16-04-2008, 17:54
Te-hee, I didn't notice the listing category.

Boy, you wouldn't believe the stuff I find in the Warhammer section sometimes!

Temprus
17-04-2008, 04:31
I don't know how they can charge so little, but it seems legit. I just got my order today from their Amazon store (I noticed the ebay store AFTER I ordered). The truly strange thing is that the prices keep dropping a few cents every few days (at least for the LotR and other GW stuff I have watched).

Linkdead
17-04-2008, 04:41
Has his shipping charges been creeping up by the same amount?

I almost bought a Shadowsun from this guy yesterday good to see some real feedback say that he's legit.

Bookwrak
17-04-2008, 07:59
Shipping charges look like standard US priority mail, with an additional $1 shipping per item. Insurance costs seem to be inflated though, so I think at the end of the day, if you spring for insurance, and have multiple items, you're going to paying about 80-90% of the full price, putting it pretty much on par with most other internet stores out there.