PDA

View Full Version : Do unit champs and standard bearers have to be on the same stand?

sigur
16-04-2008, 19:35
Hey there! Maybe one or two of you know that I've been doing quite a lot of WM commission work (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54370&page=21) in the past months. The customer wants me to put three cav minis on every base/stand/whatever you crazy WM folks call them. This never was a problem with mounted squires, grail knights and the like but now I have to deal with knights of the realm or what their name is and the two minis that come on every strip are overlapping a bit so clipping them apart is connected to lots of work of filing, sculpting and so on. The units could work the way I want if I put the standard bearer and champion on two different bases each so my question (as in the title) is:

Is it possible to have the standard bearer and the unit champion on different bases or does this lead to rules problems?

Thanks for your help guys!

azraelezekiel
16-04-2008, 22:30
Surely that is why people pay for your expert knowledge ;)

sigur
19-04-2008, 10:01
Thanks, very helpful.:rolleyes:

fracas
19-04-2008, 21:38
unit standards are for show only
no such thing as unit champs
thus compose them as you want

but i think 3 cav strip per stand is too much
but you should consider 5 archers per stand rather than 4. looks bettter imo.

sigur
20-04-2008, 02:42
Thanks for your help. I still tend to mess up "stand" and "strip" here and there. What I meant was that I'm using three single riders on each stand.;)

fracas
22-04-2008, 12:00
i place three cavalry models on one stand to represent characters (the hero and his companion/standard/messenger) so i think 4 models (2 strips) per cav stand is better