PDA

View Full Version : Goblin chariot charging a Lion Chariot

Gabacho Mk.II
17-04-2008, 00:19
Easy question really:

1) Does the Goblin chariot take a Fear test for not outnumbering the High Elfs in the chariot? (All Goblins who do not outnumber Elves by at least 2 to 1 must take a Fear test before charging)

2) Does the same Goblin chariot (assuming that it passed its Fear test) need to take an ADDITIONAL Fear test for charging a Fear causing opponent? (Lion chariots cause Fear due to the 2 lions pulling the chariot)

Thank you! :)

theunwantedbeing
17-04-2008, 00:22
The lion chariot causes fear...so you take a single fear test.
That's it.

Leogun_91
17-04-2008, 07:55
Easy question really:

1) Does the Goblin chariot take a Fear test for not outnumbering the High Elfs in the chariot? (All Goblins who do not outnumber Elves by at least 2 to 1 must take a Fear test before charging)

2) Does the same Goblin chariot (assuming that it passed its Fear test) need to take an ADDITIONAL Fear test for charging a Fear causing opponent? (Lion chariots cause Fear due to the 2 lions pulling the chariot)

Thank you! :)

1) It doesn´t matter it causes fear anyways but if it was a Tiranoc chariot that would be the case.

2) No

Braad
17-04-2008, 11:26
If it is not a unit of 2 chariots or more (which is impossible with O&G) you need to test.

And fear+fear does not equal terror or anything else. Something is only scary once, so just one fear test.

warlord hack'a
17-04-2008, 14:28
which is why goblin chariots, while great on the flanks) shoudl stay within 12 inch of the general at all times when you want them to charge something that causes fear.

gortexgunnerson
17-04-2008, 18:50
I agree with the rules here but am interested to see why you would ever do this. Chariots charging chariots cause impact hits on both chariots. As the lion chariot is much bigger and harder then a goblin chariot you are quite likely to die instantly or at least lose combat and break considering your wonderful leadership

Jonke
17-04-2008, 19:56
Chariots charging chariots cause impact hits on both chariots.

No, they don't.

Gabacho Mk.II
17-04-2008, 21:17
I agree with the rules here but am interested to see why you would ever do this. Chariots charging chariots cause impact hits on both chariots. As the lion chariot is much bigger and harder then a goblin chariot you are quite likely to die instantly or at least lose combat and break considering your wonderful leadership

Am playing in a campaign that is set to start this Sunday afternoon. There are several players who have the opportunity to run chariot-heavy armies (pure Goblin player, Beastmen player and Khemri player that loves chariots), and thus I will undoubtedly end up charging one of my chariots into an opponent's chariot. :cries:

And, before I look at the rulebook again, I strongly do not believe that my charging chariot would take impact hits against an enemy chariot when I charge. Again, I must look that up.

Urgat
18-04-2008, 00:06
It used to, iirc, but incidentaly, I've checked that a couple days ago, and couldn't find anything proving that it is still the case, therefore I conclude that this rule does not exist anymore.

Gazak Blacktoof
18-04-2008, 13:28
Anything that causes impact hits that charges an empire eteam tank will suffer impact hits back. This is the only case that I know of where a model can cause impact hits when not charging.