PDA

View Full Version : FW online price vs. GD France Price list

Marshal Argos
17-04-2008, 17:10
So I just received the latest FW newsletter and it tells how the prices for their products should be going down in Euro for GD France... Even has a nice PDF you can download to see the new prices. But there's a catch... Nothing that I can see on there is actually cheaper!!!

Now granted I only looked at all the super heavy tanks, but the cost for all of these has gone UP between 10 -20 EUR depending on the model. WTF! Some things that cost the same in pounds like the Vanq Mach and the Stormblade are now different in Eur. Mach w/Vanq cannon = 135Eur while the Stormblade is now 130 Eur.

Has anyone else received this newsletter and checked any other prices?

Dreachon
17-04-2008, 19:08
I've received it well and have cross checked with it with their 2007 catalogue, some things have actually gone down in price but not much, over-all it's still cheaper to order online as that way you have the most recent exchange which looks far better for the euro.

We should inform the ones who impompetence it showing that they should get their math together, I mean the chaos warhound is now 352,- euro's ( not including shipping ), this would make it closer to 400,- euro's yet FW still charges 445,- euro's.
That's just a plain rip off.

Deamon-forge
17-04-2008, 19:49
Is it only Euro's which have changed? as i hope the pound dont go up,

Dreachon
17-04-2008, 19:56
Sofar the price in gbp is still the same on the site, the newsflahs mentioned it was to adjust to the changing euro price, but they can;t get their math correct, currently 1 gbp is equal to 1.25 euro yet FW charges much more.

Marshal Argos
17-04-2008, 20:48
Yeah, as far as I can tell it's only the Euro price. What also isn't clear is whether these are the prices only for GD France, or just their Euro price in general. The Newsflash says "Following recent currency exchange rate changes we have a new Euro price list for Games Day France. This means our prices are now lower in Euros than before. You can download a copy of the price list here."

So maybe this is only for GD France, in which case it's not as bad, but still sucks. Why would you charge more to buy it at GD than to just order it online and pay less?

Kakihara
18-04-2008, 10:35
The title of this thread is a little misleading. If the prices have dropped (even by a little bit) it's not really an increase.

Looking at the old catalogue, the titan was 470, so 445 is definitely a decrease. Not the same as the exchange rate, but who's to say that the exchange rate won't improve in favour of the GBP? There has to be some room for change as they only update the prices once a year afaik

Marshal Argos
18-04-2008, 11:26
But how can it be a decrease (if only a little bit) when prices for Baneblades, Malcador's, Mach's have all gone UP? How can the Mach V, and the Stormblade cost the same in GBP but different in EUR when on their page they both list for 85GBP?

It doesn't matter to me if the do their prices once a year, but what I am interested in is why are their listed EUR prices higher than that of any GBP/EUR exchange rate used this year?

Kakihara
18-04-2008, 11:49
Old Catalogue: Macharius Vulcan 85 / €140

New prices: Macharius Vulcan 85 / €130

This looks like the Euro price has decreased to me...

Edit: I just checked the Stormblade, also, and this is listed as being €130 - the same as all other items listed at 85.

syrme
18-04-2008, 11:59
prices are 15% cheaper for me since christmas - I pay sterling prices but Im in Euroland (Ireland) and 1 Euro was 68 pence in December today it is almost worth 80 pence!

Marshal Argos
18-04-2008, 12:20
Sorry, I got the Vanq and Vulcan mixed up your right about that part. But still...
85 after shipping become 97,75 which using closing rates from yesterday =
Mach Vanq should cost €121
1 month ago that would have €124
2 months ago that would have €130
3 months ago that would be €131
Dec 07 = €136
Using the online prices and last published exchange rates (not using today's as the day has yet to close)

The same can be seen using the other other products I mentioned as well. True, the prices are lower then what they were last year, but NOT lower than if you order the product online, so why the difference?

Oh, and I'll edit the topic name if I can to something more misleading...

Kakihara
18-04-2008, 12:23
The FW Euro rate is definitely above the rate of exchange, but this isn't anything new or crazy. Prices of many things vary wildly from the exchange rate - just look at the video game industry.

It makes perfect sense that they have not reduced it all the way to the current exchange rate. If they did so and then the exchange rate changed in favour of the GBP, they'd be losing money AND people would be complaining that things cost more when bought from the online store than at shows or via euro cheques.

Perhaps its a symptom of these forums that some people like to jump on GW/FW at the first opportunity.

Marshal Argos
18-04-2008, 12:26
Honestly I'm not usually one to jump on FW or GW for that matter, hell I've given enough money to FW this year to last while. Actually this is the first time i've done it. What bother me is that in the mailer it says "This means our prices are now lower in Euros than before." When in reality by purchasing online, or via phone currently the prices are LOWER than if you use the pdf.

Binky
18-04-2008, 12:34
Honestly I'm not usually one to jump on FW or GW for that matter, hell I've given enough money to FW this year to last while. Actually this is the first time i've done it. What bother me is that in the mailer it says "This means our prices are now lower in Euros than before." When in reality by purchasing online, or via phone currently the prices are LOWER than if you use the pdf.

But the prices in Euros are lower than they were before?

And the prices in pounds are the same, so if you're purchasing online or by the phone, you pay the same as you would have done (barring exchange rate fluctuations), if you buy the models somewhere where you'd be paying in Euros, you pay less than you would have done previously.

Marshal Argos
18-04-2008, 12:38
But the prices in Euros are lower than they were before?

Yes, using last years PDF and this years GD France PDF items are cheaper. Absolutely, can't ague that. BUT they are not cheaper compared to buying online or via the the phone which has been cheaper than their PDF for the last 3 months.

Kakihara
18-04-2008, 12:42
BUT they are not cheaper compared to buying online or via the the phone which has been cheaper than their PDF for the last 3 months.

But this is not what they were claiming.