PDA

View Full Version : Grey knight names

The Guy
18-04-2008, 15:58
Well I'm a little lacking on the creative side when it comes to naming etc. so I need to mooch off of you guys :p
So does anybody know any good grey knight names? About 15 will do.
Thanks

Eetion
18-04-2008, 16:42
Latin and Greek Names are usually my first stop.
The name index in the front of my copy of the Illiad is pretty useful.

Klomster
18-04-2008, 16:43
Hmmmm, i just took what came too mind when i did mine.

Tips.

Take an english-latin word-book and take a good word like: War, servant, pure, prayer or wrath and translate it, check if the latin word sounds good, if not, change a few letters or search for another word.

Take names that fit the grey knights background if you can, try reading Grey knights by Ben counter and steal some names.

Give the Justicars and Brother captains or higher imposing names, to put fear in the hearts of your enemies!

You aint getting my names!

Johnnyfrej
18-04-2008, 20:45
I would use Middle Ages Anglo-Saxon names. They are Knights after all. Names like Gilbert, David, Alard, Baldric, Nicolas. Stuff you would find in pre-Renaissance European history.

Lord Damocles
18-04-2008, 20:57
My Knights Squad leaders etc. are:

Aeneas
Anchises
Ascanius
Asclepius
Achates
Aggamemnon
Ares

They all begin with the letter 'A'...:cool:

Goldeneye
18-04-2008, 21:01
Dunric, Cassius

Müller
18-04-2008, 21:21
Casius is very much already taken by a certain character ;P

swordwind
18-04-2008, 21:32
Step one: Go to local library, bookshop, church or hotel
Step two: Open Bible at a random page
Step three: Scan through until you reach a name
Step four: Repeat 14 times

The Guy
18-04-2008, 21:51
Thanks everyone I'll look for imposing names.
Now i just gotta perfect writing on that tiny area :p

sabreu
19-04-2008, 00:19
Brother-Captain Stern doesn't sound particularly Grecco-Latin to me. Take some names from settings set in the Middle ages - medieval times or from Knightly Orders from the Crusades.

Eisen
19-04-2008, 13:13
Seconded - medieval Norman, Frankish, or German names would work. If I ever get off my backside and build my "when I have infinite money" Grey Knights, there's definitely going to be a Squad Odo, a Squad Agilbert, a Squad Suger... digging around for medieval bishop names (all three of those are medieval clergymen of note) would be how I'd go about it.

BaronDG
19-04-2008, 18:13
Well... Primus, Secundus, Tertius etc. They do tend to supress their individuality I think...