PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Track of VPs

Easy E
18-04-2008, 20:32
Just out of curiousity, at the end of the game, how many of you do or don't add up victory points to determine the degree of victory?

MemphisMark
18-04-2008, 21:10
That's how you determine victory, and unless the scenario rules call for something else (like capturing a particular board piece) that's what you use. I can't imagine NOT using it.

Kurisu313
18-04-2008, 21:26
Almost always, unless its really obvious, or apocalypse.

bdo
18-04-2008, 21:31
i normally do, even if vps for destroyed things have nothing to do with the mission - itīs always interesting to see what the result could have been if the slaugter were taken in account

ankara halla
18-04-2008, 22:17
That's how you determine victory, and unless the scenario rules call for something else (like capturing a particular board piece) that's what you use. I can't imagine NOT using it.

Why bother? The game is allready over, why not rather grab a new beer/soda/cup of tea instead? It's a much better use of ones time than to nerd it over who won a game of toy soldiers, heck, I'd even much rather spend the time setting up a new game.

Mr.terminatorbob
18-04-2008, 22:49
I use Victory points only if the game calls for it, or to decide a draw. The only times I dont use it, is when the winner is obvious. Ex: Oppenent has killed all models but one. We're not going to calculate victory points for that.

Templar Ben
18-04-2008, 23:31
I only track wins in tourneys and I gave those up.

Bloodknight
18-04-2008, 23:53
We always count them if the outcome is not obvious (for example one guy is almost totally crushed, but holds several objectives, the other has lost few of his troops and so on). It's obviously no use if the other guy is annihilated. I have to say, though, that if victory points are actually used, it promotes another style of play, such as retreating with troops you don't want to afford to lose. In straightforward games there is no reason to not keep them fighting to the last man.