PDA

View Full Version : hopefully not SAD. a back of the book clan skyre list.

nurgle_boy
14-10-2005, 16:46
ok, i DONT want a SAD army, and to do a clan skyre, non SAD list, ive cut down on th ratlings and jezzails, but have gone for warpfires, and globadiers instead. the magic is still quite high, but im going to hope its unpredictable enough so i dont get 'cheese!' or 'powergamer!' shouted at me too often.

the warlock master, and chiftain go with the stormvermin (all to be moddled in warpstone armour) and the two warlock engineers go with the clanrat units. the slaves get shot, and die, the jezzails shoot cavalry down (whoch the rest of my list will have a hard time dealing with), and the globadiers pummel units a bit, whilst trying to stay alive. the WLC's shoot at whatever comes too close...

well, here goes nothing!
clan skyre, back of the book, 2000pts

warlock master Oran ironclaw- warpstone armour, warpstone pendant, bands of power, enchanted shield=275
warlock engineer Reek thunderheart- warp blades, upgraded condenser, supercharged accumulator, dispel scroll=110
warlock engineer Queck shockmaster- warp blades, upgraded condenser, supercharged accumulator, dispel scroll=110
cheftain zarak fellclaw- umbanner, heavy armour=109

28 stormvermin- full command, shields, battle standard, attatched ratling gun=362
24 clanrats- musician, champion, attatched warfire thrower=210
24 clanrats- musician, champion, attatched warfire thrower=210
20 slaves- musician=44
20 slaves- musician=44
5 poisoned wind globadiers=50
5 jezzaileirs=100
5 jezzaileirs=100

warp lightning cannon=100
warp lightning cannon=100
5 gutter runners- 2 hand weapons, slings, nightleader=65
5 gutter runners- 2 hand weapons, slings, nightleader=65

4 rat ogre packs=200
4 rat ogre packs=200

casting- 2+ 5 +5=12
dispel= 2 +1 +1 +2=6 +2 scrolls

and the best part is, all i need for this is a pair of battalions, and a few metals. perfect for christmas!

well then, some tactics help, C&C, and all kinds of things to help out with this list.

and i say again, i dont want SAD, so if its too bad, tell me, and i'll change it.

Trunks
14-10-2005, 19:34
I don't know Skaven very well, but it doesn't seem too over the top. You have a strong presence in the shooting phase but nothing crazy. You also have alot of numbers in your army, which is not common for a SAD.

Bal
14-10-2005, 20:03
Why don't you want SAD?
All you do is make a "legal" list!
I don't get people's complaining about SAD. Now you get people like you who are afraid to use ratling guns, jezzails and warp-lightning cannons. and why? because the whining from all the guys here scares them. "oh, i'd better not take ratling guns, or else the guys from warseer won't like me anymore".

don't take this as an offense to you nurgle_boy, your reaction is totally understandable.

oh right, the list:
i wouldn't take 4 units of globadiers...that's my only comment, good list!

Trunks
15-10-2005, 04:34
The reason people complain about the SAD is because it is just not fun to play against. It isn't just that it is powerful, it can be beaten. It's that it is is no fun to play against, just like fighting against empire and dwarf gunlines is no fun.

One or two ratling guns isn't bad. It's when you start taking minimum sized regiments to max out ratling guns to make the amount of shooting just way too over-whelming to the point where the "average" army has to become a tailored force to have a decent chance and the game will still not be interesting or all that fun.

Some people do like to have regular opponents and interesting fun games rather than winning at all costs.

Kahadras
15-10-2005, 12:54
I agree. SAD's are rarely fun to play with or against. Just sitting back and shooting means that the game turns into a race. Can the shooty army do enough damage before the opposing army gets into close combat? With the Skaven it is even worse due to the 'life is cheap' special rule.
Going for a balanced aproach is cool and nurgle_boy has constructed a good list which does not go totaly overboard in the shooting/magic department.

Kahadras

Bal
15-10-2005, 15:40
Then why does anyone play dwarves?
they were designed for ditting back and shooting the opponent and hoping to destroy them before they arrive!

Kahadras
15-10-2005, 18:34
they were designed for ditting back and shooting the opponent and hoping to destroy them before they arrive!

Nonsense. Dwarfs were designed as a deep block infantry army able to engage and destroy the enemy in hand to hand. The shooty stuff is there to knock out fast units which can flank your battle line and roll it up. No army in Warhammer is purposefully designed to be a pure shooty army (even Wood Elves)

Kahadras

Tobias
15-10-2005, 18:35
Then why does anyone play dwarves?

There's a difference between a normal Dwarf armylist and an all shooty one

And the list, mhm 2 WLC may be a bit too much, take 1, loose soem globadeers and maybe take a stormvermin unit :)

DeathMasterSnikch
15-10-2005, 19:02
I admire the list =)

It's non cheesy, not overboard and nice size. Only thing taht concerns me is units of 24. IMO cut out a few stormvermin to boost both units to 30... argh I had to make a comprimise between Stormvermin and big units... :(

nurgle_boy
15-10-2005, 19:14
i see..

well, i dont want to be all SAD, because i want a fun army, and i dont really want to get hated and not played at my local store.

i may drop some globadiers, to increase the clanrat sizes, but thats about it... i could change the weapon teams, to 2 ratlings, and a warpfire, but im not sure...