PDA

View Full Version : 1894 Orcs vs Empire NO CHEESE!

Lordsaradain
19-04-2008, 17:11
The Empire
*Captain of the Empire, Full Plate armour, Sheild, Sword of Sigismund
^Warrior Priest, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Great Weapon
Battle Wizard, Wizard's Staff

24* Spearmen, Full Command, Sheilds
Detachment: 10 Free Company
20 Swordsmen, Full Command
Detachment: 10 Free Company
10 Handgunners, Marksman with Repeater Handgun
10 Handgunners, Marksman with Hochland Long Rifle
6 Knightly Orders, Full Command
6 Knightly Orders, Full Command

17^ Greatswords, Full Command, Warbanner
2 Great Cannons

20 Flagellants

PD: 3 + 1 Bound Spell
DD: 4

Orcs and Goblins
*Black Orc Big Boss, Bigged's Kicking Boots, Heavy Armour, Sheild
^Orc Big Boss, Light Armour, Sheild, Martog's Best Basha, Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnashas
¨Orc Shaman, Level 2, Nibbla's 'Itty Ring

24¨ Orc Boyz, Full Command, Additional Hand Weapons
24^ Orc Big 'Uns, Spears, Sheilds, Nogg's banner of Butchery, Full Command
24* Orc Boyz, Sheilds, Full Command
5 Wolf Riders, Musician
5 Wolf Riders, Musician
5 Wolf Riders, Musician

20 Black Orcs, Sheilds, Full Command, War Banner
6 savage Orc Boar Boyz, Spears, Sheilds, Full Command
Orc Boar Chariot

PD: 4 + 1 Bound Spell
DD: 3

Both lists drop down on exactly 1894 pts. So what's the deal here? Well, the plan is that both lists are just under 2k, so no overpowered boring lords allowed. Also, as you can see, magic on both sides is minimal without being nonexistant, and all the unit entries in the army feel rather standard and fluffy, rare choices have also been left out, so no über-cheese units of doom.

I'm sick and tired of 17 PD armies in 2k battles, cheesy lords/units in general so I've posted these lists that I think would make for a fun, balanced and tactical game.

Feel free to post your own, should we call it "friendly", lists or comment the posted ones.

blurred
19-04-2008, 20:38
They both look well balanced, fun and fluffy. If they're meant to face each other, I'd say the empire list is a bit of an underdog (the cannons do not have any decent targets etc.), but the games should be fun anyway. Good job. :)

SilentStalker
19-04-2008, 21:56
sure they do! just look at those large blocks of orc, deployed 5x5 i assume, as well as the chariot. its nice to see an empire list without a steam tank once in a while

blackspring
21-04-2008, 16:34
Looks like fun!

I wish my gaming group would bring lists like these, then I'd probably want to play more often as I usually bring lists like these.

Lord Hurin
21-04-2008, 16:46
The Empire force is 1904pts, just to let you know.

Why the strange points-size, anyway? Why not just throw in a unit of Pistoliers with Musician and make it the full 2000?

As for the composition itself, many feel that Knights shouldn't have Full Command, as they are more throwaway bait and flee units. I'd also get one of the Characters on horseback to lead a unit of Knights and also give the Wizard another level.

Lordsaradain
21-04-2008, 18:00
Fought a battle with these lists today, battle report here: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2543907#post2543907

Lordsaradain
21-04-2008, 18:19
The Empire force is 1904pts, just to let you know.
I got it to 1894:
*Captain of the Empire, Full Plate armour, Sheild, Sword of Sigismund 105pts
^Warrior Priest, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Great Weapon 119pts
Battle Wizard, Wizard's Staff 75 pts

24* Spearmen, Full Command, Sheilds 164pts
Detachment: 10 Free Company 50pts
20 Swordsmen, Full Command 145pts
Detachment: 10 Free Company 50 pts
10 Handgunners, Marksman with Repeater Handgun 105 pts
10 Handgunners, Marksman with Hochland Long Rifle 100 pts
6 Knightly Orders, Full Command 178 pts
6 Knightly Orders, Full Command 178 pts

17^ Greatswords, Full Command, Warbanner 225pts
2 Great Cannons 200pts

20 Flagellants 200pts

105+119+75+164+50+145+50+105+100+178+178+225+200+2 00 = 1894
What did I do wrong?

As for the composition itself, many feel that Knights shouldn't have Full Command, as they are more throwaway bait and flee units. I'd also get one of the Characters on horseback to lead a unit of Knights and also give the Wizard another level.

The knights arent intended as throwaway and bait units.

The warrior priest works great in the greatswords as his hatred allows them to re-roll failed rolls to hit. Sure, this would be effective in a knight unit too, I just dont have a mounted Warrior priest model.

And the captain is best in the spear unit, in the centre of the battlefield and giving his Ld to the rest of the army. The wizard might benefit from being lvl2 , but looking back on the battle we just fought, it didnt matter that he wasn't.

Destroyer of Eternities
23-04-2008, 19:18
Read the battle report. Very good. enjoyed reading it