PDA

View Full Version : Magnus Rubric Marines

Deus Mechanicus
19-04-2008, 23:31
Just wondering, would the Rubric Marines that are under Magnus control on the Planet of Sorcerors have a red/golden colorscheme and if they would have the "current (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110102073&orignav=10)" Thousand Sons armour.

Or all are the Thousand Sons Marines these days blue/golden (and if so why did they change their colors?)

Lord Malorne
19-04-2008, 23:57
I believe this has never come up, though the assumption would be it was a side effect of the rubric (or purposfuly done) or possibly done prior to the rubric as a show of loyalty to Tzeentch during there assumed betrayal.

Supremearchmarshal
20-04-2008, 00:11
I recall the Empeoror's Children were mentioned as the only ones who retained their colour scheme, though this was back in 2nd edition when some of the legions weren't really fleshed out at all. Also the idea has apparently been retconnned: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Emperor%27s_Children.

The reason was simply to show their allegiance to their new patron god(s).

Lord Malorne
20-04-2008, 00:26
The reason was simply to show their allegiance to their new patron god(s).

Muwhahaha my random guessing strikes again!

As far as i know (no afaik) that could be the only explanation/s though knowing GW it could be the grand plan of a chicken that learned/remembered how to fly...

CELS
20-04-2008, 00:39
There is some Horus Heresy artwork showing the chaotic Thousand Sons as having armour that is so dark it looks like black (or a very dark blue) and gold. Personally, I like to think that this is the colour the Thousand Sons had before Ahriman's spell, and the colour that Magnus' remaining Thousand Sons have. That's just me though :)

Michael M.
20-04-2008, 08:28
The color changed during the HH befor Ahriman cast his spell. There are some artworks where you can see the old stiled red armours side by side with the newer, blue one. I think Supremearchmarshal is right, itīs only to show their devotion to their new patron.

Iracundus
20-04-2008, 08:34
It's the slippery slope the Thousand Sons descended. The allegiance to Tzeentch at first seemed a desperate action to escape immediate destruction. Over time, Tzeentch's association with sorcery and the Thousand Sons' fascination with that led to them following Tzeentch as more conventional champions. Finally as they fell further into Tzeentch's embrace, they changed their color and started to mutate as the more sinister elements of Tzeentch started to impact them.