PDA

View Full Version : Appendix rules

srgt. gak
21-04-2008, 01:53
All right i have the comformation finally. For thoose of you who are confused by my first sentence, ive been posting my intentions to attend Games Day Balltamore, but i was having trouble getting my dad to take me there. All right. When reading the rules for my categorey(40k obvously) it says only main army lists not appendex rules. so heres my question sre the imperial guard doctrines considered appendex or main lists?

i would appreciate some help, also if this is in the wrong section plz feel free to move it. thnx.

Coragus
21-04-2008, 01:58
All right i have the comformation finally. For thoose of you who are confused by my first sentence, ive been posting my intentions to attend Games Day Balltamore, but i was having trouble getting my dad to take me there. All right. When reading the rules for my categorey(40k obvously) it says only main army lists not appendex rules. so heres my question sre the imperial guard doctrines considered appendex or main lists?

i would appreciate some help, also if this is in the wrong section plz feel free to move it. thnx.

Assuming that the Games Day rules operate the same as the GTs, yes, IG doctrines are perfectly legal, as are SM traits and DH/WH allies rules.

srgt. gak
21-04-2008, 02:12
alright kool, but wait whats a appendix list then?

Templar Ben
21-04-2008, 02:25
Things like Codex: Catachan or Kult of Speed for Orks.

Codex: Catachan is different then using the Catachan doctrines in Codex: Imperial Guard.

srgt. gak
21-04-2008, 02:59
Ok thanks for the replies. As soon as i get my list completely ready, ill post it for critisism. that will probably be tomorrow if u guys care atm. Oh and who else is planning to go

srgt. gak
21-04-2008, 03:04
omg a double post. Yes, but i had a question. if you participate in the gd tourtament can you do other activites like the big game, open gaming, and the likes?

Lord Cook
21-04-2008, 03:13
That would probably depend on how long it takes you to get massacred in each game ;).

Draconian77
21-04-2008, 03:19
An optimistic outlook is always a fine thing to see Mr. Cook.

I have been calling you Mr. Cook for 48 hours solid and no one has taken up the cry, for shame denizens of Warseer, for shame...

srgt. gak
21-04-2008, 03:24
Lord cook, now the post is truely graced, lol. now to your question. Fairly quickly sometimes, othertimes the guard massacre other players fairly quickly. I once destroyed a 1.5k marine assualt,cc force in two turns, everyone was dead or running torwards the closest edge. All hail guard.btw heres my list.

Hq
Heroic senior officer, commissar, master vox, melta,medic, powerfist, powerweapon, boltpistol, plasma pistol,reactor field, medallion crimson

Support squads
Fire support squad - two hbs, 1 autocannon, 3lasguns
Anti-tank squad - three missile launchers 3lasguns
Special weapons - two sniper rifles, one gren. Launcher, 3lasguns
Elites
Hardened vets- 10vs,1melta,1flmer,1g.launcher,vox,lasguns,lp,cc,i nf
Hardened vets- 10vs,1melta,iplasma,1g.launcher,vox,lasguns,1p,cc, inf.
Troops
Grenadier squad 10grs,1plasma,1g.launchers,1c.c.,1bp,lasguns,vox
Grenadier squad - 10grs,1melta,1g. launcher,1 powfist,lp,lasguns,vox
Fast attack
Hellhound- inferno cannon, hb, track guards
Sentinel - hb,hk missile, armored crew compartment, extra armor
Heavy support
Leman Russ-battle cannon,2hb,lascannon,hs,track guards
Leman Russ-battle cannon,2hb,lascannon,pb,track guards

Doctrines
Storm troopers
Special weapons
Grenadiers
Vetrans
Carpace armour

Other
All guardsmen have frag grenades

its a little sloopy but there u go all 1740ppts of the red talons.

srgt. gak
21-04-2008, 03:26
Im sorry, draconian77, we posted at the same time so i didnt get to read your post, but yes i would agree, Mr. cook is not the most cheerful person atm. lol jk Lord Cook

Lord Cook
21-04-2008, 03:41
Lord cook, now the post is truely graced, lol.

Hmm, debating whether that is sigworthy, although I assume you meant 'thread' when you actually said 'post' ;).

Im sorry, draconian77, we posted at the same time so i didnt get to read your post, but yes i would agree, Mr. cook is not the most cheerful person atm. lol jk Lord Cook

Me? Not cheerful? Not at all my friend! I absolutely delight in heaping swathes of scathing sarcasm on my fellow Warseers! :angel:

I take it this tournament allows Forgeworld, given that your sentinel is packing a heavy bolter? And grenadiers carry hellguns btw.

srgt. gak
21-04-2008, 04:06
oh frigg. i forgot about the home rules, damn and balst goodbye sentinel, hello, second sw,suad, and yes lol typo on hellguns. thanx for the comments and correction,....Mr optimistic,.... hahaha

srgt. gak
21-04-2008, 04:29
omg, another double post.

Heres another question, is open gaming, just come here, well find u someone to play, or u have to know someone to find a game?

Spacker
21-04-2008, 11:18
Note that you don't need the Storm Troopers doctrine in your list as you're not taking any Elite Storm Trooper squads, so you can take something else instead :)

srgt. gak
21-04-2008, 14:33
point taken, i had forgooten that i wasnt taking my reg. sts as the haren vetrans were less expensive for a better bunch, imo