14 Grave Guard - 186pts
Champion, Musician

2x 3 Fell Bats - 120pts

5 Black Knights - 128pts
Musician

1999 points total.

vorac
21-04-2008, 06:37
i would take Summon Ghouls on the lord instead of Lord of the Dead, you already have 24 skeletons and you don't really need to make them bigger, on the onther hand the Ghouls are quite small unit size wise and your hero vamp will most likely struggle trying to keep them alive,i'd also be worried about the other hero vamp because of things that can still hit him like magic missiles, Lightning bolts or even woodelf characters which would have about a 50% chance to hit even with a -3 modifier. The army looks good but overall the characters don't appear flexible enough.

Spirit
21-04-2008, 13:26
Why waste points on a bsb with the banner of the dead legion, when the grave guard can take the banner on their own?

Your best bet is to give the KNIGHTS the banner, that means they have unit strength 4 EACH. They then only have to win the combat by one (combine this with the helm of command and vanhells and it is not hard) and their massive unit strength will probably lead to whatever they charge fleeing.

Combine the knights with a varghulf to allow them to always march, and then when you hit something with both units, it will run, period.

Lord Hurin
21-04-2008, 13:32
Why waste points on a bsb with the banner of the dead legion, when the grave guard can take the banner on their own?

Your best bet is to give the KNIGHTS the banner, that means they have unit strength 4 EACH. They then only have to win the combat by one (combine this with the helm of command and vanhells and it is not hard) and their massive unit strength will probably lead to whatever they charge fleeing.

Combine the knights with a varghulf to allow them to always march, and then when you hit something with both units, it will run, period.

Oooh...all true. So I guess I'd drop the Corpse Cart and the BSB and get banners for both those units and a Varghulf. I'll try and work the points out.

Gimp
21-04-2008, 18:08
Give the vanpire the +3 plus ward save against missiles

Spirit
21-04-2008, 23:50
Actually yea a vamp with -3 to hit basic and 3+ ward save against shooting should make a pretty unkillable character. Even only M6 will get you into them in turn 2.

Lord Hurin
22-04-2008, 00:27
Which item gives him -3 to be hit? I know obviously the Wristbands give him the 3+ against shooting.

Imperial Creed
22-04-2008, 00:57
I believe it's the armour of night that gives him -2 to hit, plus he's a single character, so -3. definitely try and fit the varghulf, i love mine, and even if he does little else than cause terror at things it's enough to scare your opponent into either changing his plan in a major way, or ignoring him, giving you the chance for a flank/rear charge :D. anyway, apart from the character changes it sounds like a good list. enjoy
good luck
creed

Lord Hurin
22-04-2008, 03:04
Ok, new list up incorporating the changes suggested. I've made the Lord the guy who'll tool around near the Wolves and Bats, and he'll also have the added ability of summoning Zombies.

Vampire Lord - 390pts
Lvl 3, Dark Acolyte, Summon Creatures of the Night, Talisman of the Lycni,
Sceptre de Noirot, Armour of Night, Wristbands of Black Gold

Vampire - 195pts <Goes with Skeletons
Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead,
Tomb Blade, Flayed Hauberk

Vampire - 185pts <Goes with 14-strong Crypt Ghouls
Ghoulkin, Summon Ghouls,
Scabskrath, Cadaverous Cuirass

Skeleton Regiment - 237pts
24 Skeletons with Full Command and War Banner

14 Crypt Ghouls - 112pts

15 Crypt Ghouls - 120pts

2x 5 Dire Wolves - 80pts

15 Grave Guard - 210pts
Full Command

2x 3 Fell Bats - 120pts

5 Black Knights - 169pts
Musician, Standard Bearer with the Banner of the Dead Legion

Varghulf - 175pts

1993 points total.

Lord Hurin
22-04-2008, 16:39
Nothing? :(

Lord Hurin
25-04-2008, 09:26
Guess this is really good then eh? :D

Spirit
25-04-2008, 11:14
If you make the bats one unit of 6, they can fly behind units that you have in combat. Then when the units flee, you will kill them in the crossfire with the bats.

Lord Hurin
25-04-2008, 19:30
If you make the bats one unit of 6, they can fly behind units that you have in combat. Then when the units flee, you will kill them in the crossfire with the bats.

Yes, but having two smaller units AND a Vamp with Summon Creatures of the Night means that they could, conceivably, each become a unit of 6!:D