PDA

View Full Version : truescale astartes (heresy era)

21-04-2008, 17:29
now as im sure everyone will guess this is a pretty similar project to synapses one where he plans to make a space marine from every legion, so dont yell at me copying the way i figure its something else for you guys to look at.

now to warn you im not the best painter or sculptor but hey i'll get better the more i practice (at least i hope i will)

the plan is too make 1 marine from each legion (+ custodes probably) in a style that befits them (bloody world eaters, stealthy alpha legion, jumpy raven guard ect) and base them on there style of warzone

firstly we have IV legion Iron Warriors Astarte armed with chainsword and stormbolter, i see the iron warriors as very shooty so i thought it would be cool to make a trench raider styled marine for when the IV legion has to take ground

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/4/4/21/f_DSCF0028m_c828b31.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/4/21/f_DSCF0028m_c828b31.jpg&srv=img34)

http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/4/4/21/f_k7m_2e17f9e.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/4/21/f_k7m_2e17f9e.jpg&srv=img32)

obviously the base isnt finished yet but its going to be muddy (still learning style)

im not sure what legion to do next, im thinking about maybe doing an ultramarine centurion with gladius scutum and a centurion style plume
or a raven guard assault marine with lightning claws. what do you reckon?

C&C welcome

nath/2841981

synapse
21-04-2008, 17:35
nice! though the hip/waist area seems a bit thin. maybe its the pics?

nice to see a FW maximus helmet on a big marine.

Mad_Mandrake
21-04-2008, 17:44
Looks good - did you sculpt the body yourself?

I like the idea of a Raven guard assault marine with twin lighning claws - would you scratch build the jump pack? I've a feeling a standard pack would look out of proportion.

Lost Egg
21-04-2008, 17:44
Hes looking good...is there going to be anything on his chest?

HN

21-04-2008, 17:53
nice! though the hip/waist area seems a bit thin. maybe its the pics?

nope after looking at the model your right, lesson learned for the next one

Looks good - did you sculpt the body yourself?

I like the idea of a Raven guard assault marine with twin lighning claws - would you scratch build the jump pack? I've a feeling a standard pack would look out of proportion

yes and no i used a filed down marine body as a base and sculpted what you can see. yeah i reckon id have to scratch build it.

Hes looking good...is there going to be anything on his chest?

i was thinking about trying to freehand the iron warriors symbol but i dont have any decent reference pictures.

any ideas on what i could put there?

Nath

malika
21-04-2008, 18:36
Why a Stormbolter though? Those are post-heresy weapons. If you took all the time and effort to make a true scale pre-Heresy marine you should at least also be accurate with the type of weapon. :p Jajaja, smart ass moment I know! :D

21-04-2008, 19:19
Why a Stormbolter though? Those are post-heresy weapons. If you took all the time and effort to make a true scale pre-Heresy marine you should at least also be accurate with the type of weapon. :p Jajaja, smart ass moment I know! :D

we could have the argument about storm bolters not being in the chaos codex as they are too hard to maintain as per assault cannons and land speeders which where both in circulation pre heresy. in the horus heresy books it mentions storm bolters. but lets not get into this discussion:p

Nath/2841981

baphomael
21-04-2008, 19:49

Could be a combi-bolter :p

Shadowphrakt
21-04-2008, 20:19
Actually, Storm Bolters did exist pre heresy. Horus carried one, te first company of the Luna Wolves carried them. Read Horus rising.
Nice conversion btw.

theunwantedbeing
21-04-2008, 20:26
Aside from his rather impressive hour glass figure it looks good.

Triggerdog
21-04-2008, 22:58
nice flat colors, very fitting of an Iron Warrior.

sanderskid
05-07-2008, 07:38
The best chapter and a great truescale. Nicejob