PDA

View Full Version : Necron Gauss caps

LoneSniperSG
22-04-2008, 01:17
I'm nearing the completion of my Necron Lord's paint job, and with that comes the addition of the almighty Green Rod!

"In Rod we trust!"

Now, What's the best way to secure the pewter cap to one end of the rod, and the best way to glue the rod to the staff? I was thinking of using a small bit of green stuff for the cap, but I don't know about securing the rod to the staff..

Santiaghoul
22-04-2008, 02:26
White glue will secure the rod. And it wil dry clear and will not mar the finish of the rod.

NightBringer666
22-04-2008, 02:50
If you want a really strong bond get yourself some super glue and excelernt it will bond well and the excelernt will stop the fumes from messing up the rod

chromedog
22-04-2008, 03:00
So will masking the rod (I use maskol - it paints on and peels off). You only need a small amount of superglue to stick it there.

LoneSniperSG
22-04-2008, 05:28
Okay.. I've white glued it until I can find something better.. Personally, I don't like PVA except for basing. Even then, I tend to superglue sand onto bases. first.

MadDogMike
22-04-2008, 19:22
Honestly I recommend superglue just because PVA in my experience had some issues with staying together well (especially with the metal Necron models), and you can usually dab the superglue somewhere that it won't be seen.