PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Chaos terminator

Duhgame
22-04-2008, 22:20
vote and explain why!

DoomedFuture
22-04-2008, 22:25
Combi-melta and power weapon. Good in melee, bolter, and kills armour dead.

Bloodknight
22-04-2008, 22:26
I voted Khorne for the pure destructivity.

I play Nurgle, personally, but the MoN is quite useless on Terminators because it is prohibitively expensive and T5 on a Terminator is not too useful since people shoot them with plasma, meltas and lascannons/equivalents, therefore wounding them on 2+ regardless.

RampagingRavener
22-04-2008, 22:28
Slaanesh. I5 Terminators with Power Weapons are just sick. Throw twin-lightening Claws on them, and they'll pretty much tear through anything with I4 or below without breaking a sweat.

Vult
22-04-2008, 22:33
Any that my Grey Knights have just slain! (need some more battles against Chaos)

But tbh, all the models look really good the detail on all the chaos models is great imo. If I was going with toughest or best at their job i would have to say Nurgle, T5 termies are nasty...

Minos Engele
22-04-2008, 22:43
Undivided (IoCG) because seeing your elite dudes running away is just heartbreaking. It's also cheap.

Imperialis_Dominatus
22-04-2008, 22:45
4++ Saves.

My opponents hate me.

ReveredChaplainDrake
22-04-2008, 22:45
Khorne, easy. 4 Fist attacks on the charge. Each! With this kind of damage swinging, a full fist squad is in fact unnecessary, leaving Terminator squads with some things they don't usually have: disposable casualties. They come in quite handy against bigger bruisers when Powerfists always strike at I1. However, what really sets these Termies apart (there's nothing wrong with the others, per se; even Tzeentch Termies are pretty useful!) is the fact that Powerfists are just about always useful. Plus, as these fists are coupled w/ Combi-Bolters, they're nerf-proof.

Grimtuff
22-04-2008, 22:47
What is it with all these "Teh Bestest" threads springing up all the time? :rolleyes:

Are we going to have a thread on Favourite Tactical Marines or Favourite Ork shoe colours next?

Imperialis_Dominatus
22-04-2008, 22:48
Khorne Champs with Lightning Claws... on the charge, 6 attacks apiece. Ridiculous, eh?

Costly and impractical, but if you can get it off, will decimate anything.

starlight
22-04-2008, 22:55
What is it with all these "Teh Bestest" threads springing up all the time? :rolleyes:

Are we going to have a thread on Favourite Tactical Marines or Favourite Ork shoe colours next?

Bolter Bob.:)

Lehver, just da way it comes off da Squig.:D

Col. Dash
22-04-2008, 23:17
My vote is for khorne termies with twin lightning claws because I had some really cool conversions back in 2nd ed with 3 shoulder spikes on each side, the normal 2 trophy rack rows of spikes, and such, and they looked like porcupines tromping accross the field, and pretty much they could smash singlehandedly almost anything non-character in the game. More nostalgia than anything heheh.
(and I really love run-on sentences)

Vaktathi
22-04-2008, 23:25
I usually take mine as 10man Khorne units along with a good number of shooty bits and a couple powerfists. That way they've got 4A on a charge (32 powerweapon and 8 powerfist attacks on a charge tends to hurt), along with 2 Reaper AC's and 4 combi-weapons, allowing them to handle just about anything they encounter.

TheOneWithNoName
23-04-2008, 00:38
I like Tzeentch, the 4+ invul save is fun.

TheOverlord
23-04-2008, 00:52
Chaos Termies Championed up with Mark of Khorne has 4 attacks base and 5 charging, for around 42 points a piece. All with power weapons, what not. Not bad by my tastes. If only they were berzerkers *sigh*

Logarithm Udgaur
23-04-2008, 01:12

The one that takes out the Flyrant with some luck rolls.
Green (i.e. barfoot) likes it waz ment ta b.

kishvier
23-04-2008, 01:14
Slaaneshy Termies w/ 2 lightning claws is wicked fast, stong, and is really good with fluff (I see Slaanesh followers using tons o' lightning claws).

TheSanityAssassin
23-04-2008, 03:42
I prefer Slaanesh. Yah the better Invul or more attacks is nice, but at I5 you can ignore most MEQ return attacks, or at least assure yourself of butchering I5 things like Eldar.

Imperialis_Dominatus
23-04-2008, 04:05

Meh, it's Warseer.

I prefer Slaanesh. Yah the better Invul or more attacks is nice, but at I5 you can ignore most MEQ return attacks, or at least assure yourself of butchering I5 things like Eldar.

Yeah. I5 on pretty much anything is cool. I prefer it on Raptors though- much more maneuverable. With Termies you have more of a chance of getting charged if something goes wrong, and I think they need durability (because you know that 2+ save and 5++ save isn't gonna be enough ;)). But that's just me.

BigJon
23-04-2008, 04:10
I have to go with my Lustwing Terminators. I just wish the codex would
allow me to give them Blastmasters and Sonic Blasters.

I'll second all the other Slaanesh comments and just add that they are
Slaanesh, that should be enough ;)

BigJon

PumaKiller
23-04-2008, 04:14
Tzeentch because I play them and I've seen them krump more genestealers and carnifexes than any Ork mob. 4++ for the win.

Hellebore
23-04-2008, 04:32
I have to go with my Lustwing Terminators. I just wish the codex would
allow me to give them Blastmasters and Sonic Blasters.

I'll second all the other Slaanesh comments and just add that they are
Slaanesh, that should be enough ;)

BigJon

Lustwing!?:wtf:

What's next:

Puswing
Tentacle/changewing
Blood/Ragewing

???

There are only so many things you can put WING at the end of.

WANG on the other hand goes with everything.

Hmmm,

Lustwang? Check

Puswang? Check

Tentaclewang? Check

Bloodwang? Check

:p

Hellebore

Imperialis_Dominatus
23-04-2008, 04:36
You know what's funny, Hellebore? You hit the other 'Wings' on the head. Puswing, Bloodwing, and Changewing. The last was more often known as Dustwing in the 3.5 due to it being Ksons Termies though. :p I think that Puswing was called Rotwing as well.

qwertywraith
24-04-2008, 18:22
Tzeetch for large units Deep Striking or not. Slaanesh for units in Land Raiders. Nothing on small commando squads with combi-weapons and/or heavy flamer.

Tymell
24-04-2008, 18:25
Khorne, purely because that's the theme of my force :)

boogle
24-04-2008, 18:49

Someone broke your favourite model Grimtuff? You seem to be pretty negative about a lot of things recently

by the way Armaplas Moccasins are the way forward for marines:p

inquisitor solarris
24-04-2008, 21:25
Mine's Slaanesh (I5 termies with claws, quick and sleasy-Also Slaanesh was giving me a scary look when I hovered the mosue over Nurgle ;))

Norsehawk
25-04-2008, 00:41
Abbadon. My favorite Chaos Terminator.

Democratus
25-04-2008, 02:48
Slaanesh w/ Lightning Claws. I like my Terminators to be like my women, cheap and fast! ;)

AngryAngel
25-04-2008, 06:00
Other my favorite chaos term is a dead chaos term, bottom line.

NerdyOgre254
25-04-2008, 06:30
Any that i get the time to field?

All of them have their advantages. Khorne is pure hellacious destruction. Tzeentch has increased survival against big weaponry (which regularly gets pointed at them). Slaanesh moves so fast you can decimate elite squads with impunity. Nurgle makes you pretty much las-proof.

suicydking
25-04-2008, 14:20
I have to vote green. I'm loving Death Guard in the new codex. I'm also having too much fun with my conversions.

On top of that, I like the near invulnerability to small arms fire that it grants. Boosted toughness is also great in close combat. And giving Typhus a 5-man squad to putt around with is fantastic. Since they both have icons, you can drop whichever one shows up second right on top of the first.

MaliGn
25-04-2008, 14:59
WANG on the other hand goes with everything.

Hmmm,

Lustwang? Check

Puswang? Check

Tentaclewang? Check

Bloodwang? Check

:p

Hellebore

That's Numberwang!