PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves 2000 points - comments please!

Odin
15-10-2005, 11:04
I've played two games with this army - first game I thrashed a Vampire Counts army, second game I lost horribly to en Empire army. Would appreciate any suggestions (though I'm sure everyone is mightily sick of 2000pt wood elf armies!) I've avoided giving precice points values in case GW legal get upset, burn my house down and kill my mum.

Highborn with Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Amaranthine Brooch & great weapon (250ish)

Wardancer Noble (100ish)

Spellsinger (Level 2) with Deepwood Sphere & Lamentation of Despairs (180ish)

Branchwraith (Level 1) with Cluster of Radiants & Annoyance of Netlings (160ish)

10 Glade Guard, inc. Lordís Bowman (125ish)

17 Eternal Guard, inc. Full Command (235ish)

6 Glade Riders, inc. Musician (150ish)

6 Wild Riders, inc. Full Command & War Banner (190ish)

8 Dryads, inc. Branch Nymph (110ish)

6 Wardancers, inc. Bladesinger & Musician (130ish)

3 Warhawk Riders (120ish)

Great Eagle (50ish)

3 Treekin (200ish)

The general plan is to put the Highborn with the Eternal Guard, somwhere he can shoot at the enemy's most heavily armoured unit (Empire Knights is a perfect target!). The flyers do the usual thing - march blocking and war machine killing. The magic users will usually both take Tree Singing to be as annoying as possible. The treekin will position themselves to one side so they can try to roll up the flank, and the cavalry will get around the sides to try to get flank or rear charges. If charged by someone with a magic weapon, the Eternal Guard champion will have to challenge to avoid letting the Higborn get killed (he's very vulnerable to magical attacks). That's about it really. Any comments?

Odin
17-10-2005, 11:54
I guess we've got Welvis overload. :(

leeoaks
17-10-2005, 12:21
250 for one character....thats a hell of an investment...dont fail that look out sir roll!

Odin
18-10-2005, 11:42
250 for one character....thats a hell of an investment...dont fail that look out sir roll!

Well, the 3+ ward save should help keep him alive against non-magical attacks as well. In the last two games he has been worth 250 points easily - killing off a unit of Inner Circle Knights which would otherwise have wrecked my army.

Now I just need to find a way to deal with the Helblaster Volley Gun!

shadowprince
19-10-2005, 05:05
Not bad really no comments except maby giving the waardancer guy the netlings depends what he suppose to do though.