PDA

View Full Version : Incaladion Forge World

Mechanicus
15-10-2005, 12:36
Is there any information about the Incaladion Forge World? I know there is a piece in the Necron Codex about a criminal who tried to access the Gates of Varl, but I was told there was something else. Anyone know anything?

Puffin Magician
15-10-2005, 12:42
I searched on Altavista for "Incaladion" and here's the results:

Incaladion: Ultima segmentum. Incriminated in a conspiracy connected to techno-heretics and worship of proscrided xenos-lores. Production grade: III-Secundi. [Source: Imperial Armour Volume One]

Even before the Great Fall, Forges such as Tigrus and Incaladion were lost... Incaladion was infamous for its techno-heresies, its use of proscribed xeno-lore. [Source (http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?threadid=444927)]

So it seems that it's been destroyed or cleansed, either by Xenos/Chaos or a retributive force of Inquisitors and/or Adeptus Mechanicus. They don't take too kindly with techno-xeno-heresy.

Mechanicus
15-10-2005, 12:54
Well, it must have been destroyed recently, as the piece in the Necron Codex is dated 753.M41.

Something doesn't work. The Tech-adept was being tried by Incaladion for "techno-heresy, the employment of the black arts, inter alia Technologia Excommunicate, unclean worship of xenolore and traffic with proscribed texts". It doesn't make sense.

Puffin Magician
15-10-2005, 13:01
We could assume for simplicity's sake that the second source is non-canon and can be disregarded. It can't have a Production Grade if it's no longer a Forge World, after all.

So it's still there, and has had cases of Techno-Heresy, but not much information other than that.

ML Kurze
16-10-2005, 10:09
Maybe it was eaten by the Tyranids. Gryphonne was eaten as well I believe.

Verergoca
16-10-2005, 12:41
IIRC, Gryphonne is still going strong, mainly producing weapons to combat the neighbouring orkish empire, which is threatening Gryphonne a bit...

Puffin Magician
16-10-2005, 13:12
According to the AdMech Yahoo Group, the new Tyranid Codex says that Gryphonne IV was "defeated", and we know that Tyranids don't leave much behind when they win.

I think this is total idiocy; a minor bit of fluff wedged into the Codex to make the Tyranids sounds "scary and unstoppable", without contemplating the ramifications of such a major Forge World being completely annihilated. Just stupid. The Group Forum says it's on p20 if anyone has the 'dex to check & confirm.

Tastyfish
16-10-2005, 13:50
Unless the loss of a major forgeworld was something that they were considering rather than the destruction of unnamed agri-worlds. We'll probably find it referanced again the next time a world wide campaign turns up...or when the AdMech get their codex (crosses fingers)

shutupSHUTUP!!!
16-10-2005, 13:52
I read some fluff where the adeptus mechanicus defeated an entire hive fleet, by themselves without support. These forge worlds should not really be discarded casually in the new fluff, they are quite heavily defended, have high tech and can call of lots of support from both the mechanicus and the rest of the imperium who like getting their regular shipments of ammo.

Tastyfish
16-10-2005, 13:54
But they arn't invunerable, one was lost to Orks in the EoT/Green Kroosade campaign. A mature Hivefleet is probably at the same level as a highly developed Imperial world - the smaller ones may struggle but even then they seem to give the defenders a run for their money

shutupSHUTUP!!!
16-10-2005, 13:58
They shouldn't be lost frequently though, if there are orks everywhere the forgeworld should be the rock standing against the tide at worst. I imagine it would be difficult to even make planetfall. M41 is a bad millenium for forgeworlds I guess.

Puffin Magician
16-10-2005, 15:36
Forge Worlds aren't invulnerable but they have Titan Legions, Ordinatii and just as much Skitarii as heavily-defended worlds have Guardsmen. They're certainly well defended as they need to protect their vast industrial wealth and knowledge.

Triplex Phall was attacked by Hive Fleet Kraken and nothing [or very little] was mentioned about it. Now all of a sudden Gryphonne IV is not only attacked but severely damaged/destroyed? Losing a Forge World of GrIV's stature is nearly as significant as losing an entire Chapter of Space Marines, yet it was explained away in a simple little blurb in the Codex.

I wouldn't mind Grpyhonne IV's loss if there was actually a large story & campaign about it, rather than this seemingly unthoughtout rubbish that was quickly scribbled in to improve the Tyranid's reputation.

Maybe in the Ork Codex they'll have a little paragraph about how a Waaagh destroyed Biel Tan, to make the greenskins sound "kewl" again.

Tastyfish
16-10-2005, 16:05
Marine Chapters have been lost with originally very little other mention, Lamenters and Scythes of the Emperor come to mind. Biel Tann is like losing the Ultramarines, but some other craftworld that is mentioned once or twice and has little detail about it being devestated by an Ork waagh seems fair enough - though quite how they found it I don't know

ML Kurze
16-10-2005, 16:10
...or when the AdMech get their codex (crosses fingers)
They will get a codex. It was confirmed at Games Day.

Mechanicus
16-10-2005, 18:26
They will get a codex. It was confirmed at Games Day
Are you sure? I mean, I don't have the best memory of all, but I'm sure I wouldn't have missed something like that!

This is GD UK we're talking about here?

*Prays to the dice gods that it is true*

ML Kurze
16-10-2005, 20:51
Are you sure? I mean, I don't have the best memory of all, but I'm sure I wouldn't have missed something like that!

This is GD UK we're talking about here?
Yes indeed. I was there thanks to Xhalax' invitation and hospitality. Portent was a breeding house for friendship. It was confirmed during the Black Library hour. They discussed the books to be released, one of which would be an Adeptus Mechanicus story, to tie in with the to be released Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus. Can't remember the date though, you'll need Xhalax for that, or Boogle, I'm useless at that. But still, there it is:D

Mechanicus
16-10-2005, 21:00
I don't believe it! I cannot believe I missed that! *Grumbles and complains incoherently*

Oh well! On the bright side, AdMech Codex!:D

Freak Ona Leash
16-10-2005, 21:04
He's yanking your chain there man. ;) I'd think there would be something in rumours if we were getting Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus.

ML Kurze
17-10-2005, 09:18
He's yanking your chain there man. ;) I'd think there would be something in rumours if we were getting Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus.
No, I'm not. The Codex is coming. Ask around.

Nazguire
17-10-2005, 10:19
Didn't someone around her mention a really important Codex that people were missing out in the list of what was to be released (possibly Engel)? That may be it...if it is true after all.

Kelvan
11-05-2007, 16:34
It is funny, nearly 2 years past from news about "Adeptus Mechanicus codex is comming" someone told it was confirmed on Games Day. And what? Nothing :D

Cheers.

LordXaras
11-05-2007, 16:47
Great, bumping a 2-year-old thread to make a mocking comment?

Seriously.

ML Kurze
11-05-2007, 22:43
I just said what they told us at Games Day. Remember though that after Games Day a lot has changed at Games Workshop (WD for instance, two team changes?). So sadly, that rumour at Games Day has been proven, by time, to have been nothing but a nice piece of candy, gulped up by the great horror that is Designer's Limbo.
However, why not search for threads regarding the codex trilogy of the Inquisition. The Design studio said one each year. How much of that has come true mmm? Next time, leave old threads and comments like this alone. It was nice that they said it was coming, horrid enough to be disproven by time.

Kelvan
12-05-2007, 09:39
Frankly speaking I was searching something about Incaladion Forge World... And I found nothing new...
Sorry you guys for mocking comment in previous post.

Cheers

FlashGordon
13-05-2007, 10:19
According to the AdMech Yahoo Group, the new Tyranid Codex says that Gryphonne IV was "defeated", and we know that Tyranids don't leave much behind when they win.

I think this is total idiocy; a minor bit of fluff wedged into the Codex to make the Tyranids sounds "scary and unstoppable", without contemplating the ramifications of such a major Forge World being completely annihilated. Just stupid. The Group Forum says it's on p20 if anyone has the 'dex to check & confirm.

I wouldnt say its "minor" fluff... ;P (and its there yes, they lost an entire Titan legion and one of the most productive forgeworld in the segmentum, they also lost Tesla Prime)

Pete - Witch Hunter
13-05-2007, 17:24
I wouldnt say its "minor" fluff... ;P (and its there yes, they lost an entire Titan legion and one of the most productive forgeworld in the segmentum, they also lost Tesla Prime)

...but...that's the only other major producer of LR vanquishers apart from Tigrus, which was overun by orks. You can't just wipe out a big piece of IG tank producing godliness like that. It's not fair :<

ML Kurze
13-05-2007, 19:33
I thought thread-necromancy wasn't allowed? :p

At any rate, yes a planet making Vanquishers is gone, but on the bright side, other forge worlds have been making progress in their productionlines of Vanquisher tanks. So, one world lost, I believe (at least) two gained. Check out the ForgeWorld books for more info on this.