PDA

View Full Version : Figures from the Black Library novels

max the dog
25-04-2008, 05:49
I just finished reading Annihilation Squad by Gav Thorpe about the Last Chancers. When I finished the last page I immediatly went on GW's webside to try and find the old box set of the models, no luck:mad:
So I tried ebay:eek: $80 for an unopened box!!!

Well I guess those models have become pretty collectable.

And that got me thinking, what other characters from the Black Library novels could be made into good models? So offer up some good idea's but let's follow a few good rules;
1 They'd have to offer a challenge to a talented painter and an opportunity to show off their skills.
2 Can't be just a couple of models that fit into a blister, I want a box set with a full squad of characters.
3 The models must come with stats that a player would want to field for their combat ability.
4 Can be used to form the basis of a fluffy army that can win games.

I vote for Commissar Ciaphas Cain with Gunner Jurgen mounted in a Salamander as the HQ. With them would have to be Inquisitor Amberlee Vail with full retinue as Elites.
They could lead any Imperial army but would do best with the Valhallans of course especially with a battery of 3 Basilisks.

Spacker
25-04-2008, 07:44
Check the GW Bits Catalogue PDF = the Last Chancers set is available at 25 here in the UK.

Have you looked into the Black Library limited editions figs? Ciaphas Cain already has a figure, albeit limited to 500 and very expensive when they come up on eBay, here's a photo: http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/e5/54/33b9_1.JPG

Nice idea on the unit though - I'd certainly be up for those :)

Mojaco
25-04-2008, 10:40
1 They'd have to offer a challenge to a talented painter and an opportunity to show off their skills.
2 Can't be just a couple of models that fit into a blister, I want a box set with a full squad of characters.
3 The models must come with stats that a player would want to field for their combat ability.
4 Can be used to form the basis of a fluffy army that can win games.

Let's ignore those rules :)
1. Can go for any miniature and fully depends on the sculptor, not on the chosen character.
2. Not all characters are fit for squad sized stuff. Besides, sometimes you only want your favourite and not every named character included with him.
3. First of all not needed, and this rule doesn't limit at all. I can still name any character I can think of and this rule will not be broken, as I'm mearly picking a character, not his rules.
4. Basis for a winners army? Sounds limited to commander characters such as gaunt, and they usually lead codex armies. And again, this rule doesn't limit anybody as any character can meet this criteria as it is rules dependant, not character dependant.

Anyway, after bitchin my way through your post, I'd like to see Imperius Dictatio. For less then 100 euros :D

max the dog
25-04-2008, 21:32
Have you looked into the Black Library limited editions figs? Ciaphas Cain already has a figure, albeit limited to 500 and very expensive when they come up on eBay, here's a photo: http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/e5/54/33b9_1.JPG

SWEET!!!! they need to cast a whole lot more of those.

Shortseer
25-04-2008, 21:49
Justicar Alaric and his squad from the first grey knights book

Ravenor and eisenhorn and associated retinues (Cherubael!)

Models that fit the rules that GW has posted for the old Gaunts ghosts :)

oh, and primarchs from the HH books...no rules, just models

MajorWesJanson
26-04-2008, 03:54
I can think of a ton that would fit into a Inquisition Codex-
Eisenhorn + Retinue + Cherubael
Ravenor + Retinue
Amberly Vail + Retinue
Alaric
Tancred
maybe even Cain + Jurgen would work, as Jurgen is a blank.