SPECIAL

5 pistoliers, outrider w/ reapeter pistol, musican - 114

5 outriders, musican, grenade blunderbuss - 129

Canon - 100

RARE

Hellblaster volley gun - 110

20 Flagelants, prophet of doom - 210

TOTAL: 1998

The captain goes skirmisher/warmachine hunting. The elector count joins the spearmen. Where should the wizards go? Should they be solo, hang back in the handgunner unit or join a big chunky block of state troopers?

Ive tried to go for a balanced aproach and im not very familliar with empire ,as ive only played them for a short while so I dont know is balanced lists any good? And wath do you think of my force? Does it need adding anything removing anything?

Thanks in advance.:)

Malorian
25-04-2008, 14:45
Looks fine to me.

I'd put the celestial mage in the handgunner unit and the fire mage in a swordmen unit (running out the turn before they are charged).

Only thing I would change is the upgrades on the outriders and trade them for the armor upgrade.

Kahadras
25-04-2008, 16:51
Doesn't look bad to me TBH. I would recommend a couple of changes/additions thought.

With your General I would drop the full plate and Enchanted shield combo and go for Armour of Meteoric Iron instead. I'd also concider swaping the Sword of Power for a basic great weapon. This gives your General a 1+ armour save, a 4+ ward save and also grants him 3 strength 6 attacks.

I'd look to give your pyromancer the Rod of Power to boost your magic phase. The Rod is awesome as it allows you to pump you Power dice if your opponant goes for magical defence or pump your Dispel dice if your opponant decides to go for a heavily offencive magic phase.

With your regiments I'd probably reduce your knight units down to five or six men strong and use the extra points to buy a couple of small handgunner detachments for your swordman and spearman regiments. Other than that it looks OK to me.

Kahadras

invinciblebug
25-04-2008, 16:55
Thanks!
ill do wath you said.:p
Also my elector count is he too underpowerd? If he ever came up against a decent fighter he would prolly be dead and he'll only grant 1-2 kills per turn against most enemies. Should i give him a better weapon or maybe meteoric armor and a great weapon.

Kahadras
25-04-2008, 17:06
Also my elector count is he too underpowerd? If he ever came up against a decent fighter he would prolly be dead and he'll only grant 1-2 kills per turn against most enemies.

With a toughness of 4, a 1+ armour save and a 4+ ward save your General should be pretty safe unless he comes across a real combat monster. Always have him in a unit with a champion so that he can accept any challenges you think that your General might not want to be involved in.

Just use him to cut down rank and file enemy troops. If he manages to kill a couple a turn that's vital combat bonus going your way and if your opponant is silly enough to take some swings at him then there's less chance of the unit he is with losing the combat (whose easier to kill a swordsman or a General). At the end of the day I wouldn't worry to much about how much he will kill. The main reason he is there is to provide his 12 inch leadership bonus and keep his VP safe from your opponant even if he ends up in close combat.

Kahadras

invinciblebug
29-04-2008, 08:09
Thanks! So ive made a new list. Wath do you say?

LORDS & HEROES

Elector count, Armour of meteoric iron, Holy Relic, Great weapon - 164

Captain, Warhorse, shield, lance, FPA - 75

Battle wizard (fire), lvl 2, rod of power - 120

Battle wizard (celestial), lvl 2, scroll, scroll - 150

CORE

24 swordsmen, FC - 164
10 halbardiers - 50

24 spearmen, FC - 160
10 halbardiers - 50
5 handgunner - 40

12 handgunners, musican - 101
5 crossbowmen - 40
5 crossbowmen - 40

6 knights, FC - 118

5 knights - 65

SPECIAL

5 pistoliers, outrider w/ reapeter pistol, musican - 114

5 outriders, musican, grenade blunderbuss - 129

Canon - 100

RARE

Hellblaster volley gun - 110

20 Flagelants, prophet of doom - 210

TOTAL: 2000

Is this any better? Does it need any further reefining?

Thanks in advance!:p