PDA

View Full Version : Prices in UK US and Spain...

Da Black Gobbo
25-04-2008, 08:07
Hello there! so many time i've been talking with my gaming circle about the diference of the prices between UK/US and Spain, i really don't know why i have to pay 20€ for a Fiend of Slaanesh in my country and in the rest of the world it is 12€ (US cost 20 $ Spain 20€, that's really unfair) or why an army deal (the little ones) costs in US 90$ and i have to pay 80€ it is not a little difference is a huge one (about 30% more expensive in here) for a better understanding here is a little list with some expamples:

-- New 10 minis boxes 20€ in US 20$ (13 € so 7€ cheaper)

-- Varghulf like boxes 25€ in US 25$

-- Lone Character/heros blisters 12€ in US 12$ and so on...

As you can see the price's difference is huge and i'm wondering why, i don't belive that it's due to shipping costs i think that somethings wrong, because, why should i order to spanish shop or buy in here, when i have a 30% discount in US???

Thanks.

And hope you understand me.

starlight
25-04-2008, 08:12
Then add the 20-25% off US Retail you get from the Warstore...:cries:

syrme
25-04-2008, 09:46
Euro has gained 30-35% on the dollar since christmas and 15% on sterling - So when you convert back Euro prices are much more expensive - All my shopping is now done on UK websites at the moment (everything not just toy soldiers) to take advantage of the weaker pound -

Amazingly i haven't found a single (in my case Irish) retailer who has passed on the 15% discount to their customers yet!

ThousandPlateaus
25-04-2008, 10:03
It's the relative worth of currencies at the moment, I'm afraid. The dollar is exceptionally weak, the Euro is worth more than it ever has been and is closing in on the Pound, which is also weakening due to the credit crunch. This will make everything in the Euro zone much more expensive relative to the dollar zone, especially. There is (and always has been) some anomolies in GW pricing accross the world, but these are being exacerbated by the relative strengths of currency.

At the moment it's worth buying in from the US, still.

dancingmonkey
25-04-2008, 10:32
Its hurting everyone I reckon. I still buy Rackhams metals, fool that I am, and most UK sites have either stopped retailing or have extremely limited stock.

So I go direct to R, they still have most of the stuff, and I get free shipping on over 100EUR, + a point reward system.

Up till my last order I was paying about 60 for a 100EUR order.

My last one of just over 100 EUR came to 81... I cry.

Sadly this is the joy of having access to the net and seeing what everyone around the world gets...

R also work on a $1 = 1EUR for a lot of their stuff, so USA and to a lesser extend Euro land get pretty good prices, but the UK is a bit stuffed...

Also, not the dicrepancies between PPs USA price and the same in the UK. THe $ is no longer 2 to 1 on the pound, but its not far off. But our prices are not half price...

Also factor in shipping etc.
GW only produce in UK and USA (IIRC) so other countries have to factor that in to an extent...

Hope all of the above makes some sense.
Nothing is getting cheaper!

blongbling
25-04-2008, 11:49
it has nothing to do with exchange rates to different countries from country of origin

Bloodknight
25-04-2008, 11:57
I buy in England exclusively ATM (the high postage rates from the US spoil it, IMO). Example: Bloodcrusher of Khorne: 12 vs. 20€. 12 are about 15€. Now buy in an online shop that grants 20%, these 20% pay for the shipping and you still save 25%.

Da Black Gobbo
25-04-2008, 12:30
my friends buy in US and they save so much money to don't do it.

Example: I'm going to buy a WE army (2k) that costs me here in spain about 300€ in US 200€...nice.

dax
25-04-2008, 16:33
Yep I buy from a UK online retailer that does 10 -15 % discount and free shipping over 10. I only go into the local GW or indy for that matter if I desperately need something and can't wait for the post.

Bought an IG Sentinel last week in local store paid €20 for it, same thing online 10.80 thats €13.80 difference of €6.20!!! now alot of places will claim it's VAT and shipping that makes the difference but the shipping is free online and once VAT is paid in one EU country there is no further liability in another even if the rates are different.