PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Fantasy Quotes

Gimp
25-04-2008, 10:28
I started a simular thread in the 40K section so it seems only fair that I starte one here. So what are your favourite Fantasy quotes? Here are mine, hope you enjoy.

Quote 1

Kill, Kill-Warlord Queek Headtaker

Quote 2

An Ancient blade shattered in the war of the beard, almost symbolic of that feud. Forged by the Dwarfs, enchanted by the Elves, broken by their conflict.-Teclis

kyussinchains
25-04-2008, 10:50
the only good stunty is a dead stunty and the only thing better than a dead stunty is a dying stunty who tells you where to find his mates - grimgor

(I refuse to put it in that childish orc speak.... ;))

aenarion67
25-04-2008, 10:52
"three things make the empire strong. faith, steel and gun powder" magnus the pious
excuse to play a gunline.

Reflex
25-04-2008, 10:53
'WAAAAGH' - Orcs

Gimp
25-04-2008, 11:09
Great guys lets keep them coming.

havoc626
25-04-2008, 11:10
Squeek! - Skaven

silashand
25-04-2008, 12:34
Technically it's from that other game, but my all time favorite is: "There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty!" - Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

For WFB the only one I can think of is: "Ribbit." - Lord Kroak :evilgrin::eek:

Cheers, Gary

chaotic
25-04-2008, 12:46
this is from mark of chaos

"behind every man is another man with a big sword" -greatsword unit

Malorian
25-04-2008, 13:41
"Twelve steam tanks were ever built, though only eight now remain, carefully maintained by the College of engineers. In times of war, the College may sanction the use of these rare and valuable machines should the threat be dire enough."-Empire army book.

Moral of the story: The threat of a tournament is very dire indeed...

soulcrusher
25-04-2008, 14:31
rofl i love gotrek from the gotrek and felix novels!

however being a HE player imy favo would be

"We are the chosen of Asuryan, beloved of the gods and heirs to the world. Our armies are the finest in creation; swift where our foes are lumbering, cultured where they are barbaric. Give no thought to failure, nor defeat – we are the Children of Ulthuan and we shall prevail."

- Anerion the Defender

Lordsaradain
25-04-2008, 15:43
"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean"

-Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss

Kerill
25-04-2008, 15:49
Surprised no one has mentioned OK yet

- boom, hurr hurr

"nobody likes a gnoblar"

D-Archangel
25-04-2008, 15:56
not exactly warhammer related, more general fantasy, but as a WE player it's fitting.

live by the sword, die by the.............arrow

jpf1982
25-04-2008, 17:05
Just read my signature line. :)

Jedi152
25-04-2008, 17:21
Some Vampire ones:

"I don't torture you because i enjoy it. I do it because i need you to understand what i am capable of, because i need you to be afraid..." The one and only Mannfred.

"Behind every great man, there is a great woman. Behind those great women, there is me!" Queen Neferata.

soulcrusher
25-04-2008, 18:13
rofl i like the orc one but wouldn`t it be chaos that never looses a battle?

chaotic
25-04-2008, 22:19
the ork one was from the last edition 40k ork codex

jpf1982
25-04-2008, 23:41
I didn't know what it was from personally. Even the it's in a 40K book though I feel it still pretty much applies to all Orcs. As far as Chaos never losing; way off! LOL!!! When chaos loses a fight the gods punish them and mutate/kill/maim all the champions that failed them. The Orcs just come back with more Orcs.

Caboose123
26-04-2008, 00:41
Mine is out of the BRB

"the"

love that so much :D

Forse
26-04-2008, 00:50
In 6th edition BRB there is a quote of something said by Tzeentch. Can't remember all of it, but it's along the lines of "...for I am Tzeentch, and you are a puppet for my strings."

The Beast Walks Among Us
26-04-2008, 01:57
"All High Elves have the special rule "Always strikes first", regardless of any weapon they are wielding."

-Warhammer Armies: High Elves, p43

winkypinky
26-04-2008, 03:24
Nothing is forgotten, nothing is forgiven. - Alith Anar, the Shadow King

It just says a lot of the whole conflict between dark elves and high elves. (5th edition HE rule book)

Also in 5th edition Alith Anar just was a bit cooler. Dancing with Morathi and stealing her most precious gems the same evening.
+ This lead to the first recorded episode of prostitution in warhammer. (Morathi promising the most beatifull witch elf in the world for one night, in exchange of his head. But no innocent witch elf have fallen to this vicious sale of woman yet.. since no one have brought Morathi his head)

neXus6
26-04-2008, 03:44
Bah, far to many elves in this thread. :p

Some of the best greenskin ones have already been put up so I'll have to go to my next army.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine.
Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!" - Beastlord Gorthor

I was so close to typing out the entirety of "Tomas Wanderer" from the first page of the Beast of Chaos army book cause I rather like it too, but I resisted...even at 5am I'm not ... quite ... that mad. :p

Cragspyder
26-04-2008, 03:48
"Stick 'em wiv axes and spears! ! Stick 'em wiv arrers! Stick 'em wiv knives and swords!

But most of all, stick 'em when they're lookin' da other way."

I believe that is some random Goblin quote.

Lord Dan
26-04-2008, 03:55
The words "Viscious Beak" used to describe the hand weapon weilded by Carrion in the Tomb Kings book.

Orkman
26-04-2008, 03:56
"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" (sorry for the caps.)

soulcrusher
26-04-2008, 08:12
im sure there have been other accounts of prostitution in warhammer. cba to look though

Urgat
26-04-2008, 08:53
the only good stunty is a dead stunty and the only thing better than a dead stunty is a dying stunty who tells you where to find his mates - grimgor

(I refuse to put it in that childish orc speak.... ;))

You fail: that's from Morglum Necksnapper.

Mine: "we'll split cold flesh with cold steal", Cpt Bernardt, ordering to defend against an undead attack (in Dark Omen).

Weldo Rubin
26-04-2008, 12:17
Quote 1:
"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."
-Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth
(6th Edition Dark Elves)

Quote 2:
The deadly embrace,
The bliss of the knife's edge.
The flashing dark lips,
Awash in crimson triumph.
Tortured and delectable,
The release from mortal life.
The dance of the blades,
Swift and exquisite,
The pain that brings pleasures,
Heralds the ecstatic scream,
Ultimate, perpetual victory.
All are under Slaanesh's dominion,
Our Lord and Darkling Lover.
(6th Edition Hordes of Chaos)

Quote 3:
When the company of Bernhoff the Butcher rode into town and demanded tribute, the Count cut the mercenary down as if he were a stripling, although Bernhoff was a famed warrior. Vlad then proceeded to slaughter the entire mercenary band while his bodyguard watched, taking no part in the bloodbath.
(7th Edition Vampire Counts)

Quote 4:
It is perhaps best not to speak of what Gashnag would do should a suitable lady of breeding declare her interest...
(7th Edition Vampire Counts)

Quote 5:
A Dwarf on his march is as implacable as the turning of the years, and just as impossible to halt.
(Both 6th and 7th Edition Dwarfs)

Quote 6:
Extract from the writings found scrawled bloodily from floor to ceiling in the locked study of a wealthy rural landowner on the outskirts of Nuln. The mewling wreck that was found gibbered and moaned ceaselessly, crippled in mind and mutilated in body. He cradled and caressed many self-inflicted wounds, but none dared to dwell upon the cause of his missing hands.
(6th Edition Hordes of Chaos)

Quote 7:
Whilst traditional songs resound through the feast halls, the Butchers punctuate steaming platefuls of cavebeast with raw Bretonnian in wild garlic, tough Dwarf-meat served in a Gromril case, thick sausages stuffed with the finest Empire soldiery, and - widely seen as a delicacy - tender Elf legs fried in horse blood.
(6th Edition Ogre Kingdoms - Makes my mouth water:chrome:!)

I believe that is some random Goblin quote.

- Gorduz Backstabber, Hobgoblin Chieftain.

In 6th edition BRB there is a quote of something said by Tzeentch. Can't remember all of it, but it's along the lines of "...for I am Tzeentch, and you are a puppet for my strings."

This is the one:

I watch you. I see the hatred in your eyes, well hidden behind courtly graces. I listen. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade. I make my home in the darkest pits of your soul. In the shadows I bide my time. I patiently wait for you to open your eyes and realise that it is by my will alone that you draw breath. For I am Tzeentch and you are my puppet who dances to my tune.

Urgat
26-04-2008, 12:41
This last quote reminds me of the voice-over on the trailer for the cancelled first try at a Warhammer online, though I don't remember exactly what the voice was saying, just that it was cool. Anybody knows what i'm talking about?

Richter Kless
26-04-2008, 12:42
Mighty Khorne, grant me your power, that I might sweep this army aside.

My rage shall ruin nations.

Heap the skulls of the slain.
-Daemon Prince from Mark of Chaos.

Lorcryst
26-04-2008, 12:43
There's nothin' as sure in the world as the glitter of gold and the treachery of Elves.

Old Dwarf saying for the 4th ed army book.

soulcrusher
26-04-2008, 19:40
rofl some WAR sayings rock

saying 1 : dwarves quite simpley are born for battle ( couldn`t disagree with that although i would of thought this saying would of suited orcs more... )

saying 2 :"To strike an Ironbreaker is to strike an anvil. You are more likely to re-shape your weapon than to move him… and heavens forbid one lands on you..."
saying 3 : Never tell a Hammerer that it's the hammer doing all the work. They have views on that sort of nonsense... the kind of views that also involve your kneecaps..."

saying 4 : "This is the las’ time I’m goin’ to say this – runes are NO’ magic! Magic is fer silly buggers in robes and poin’y ‘ats! Do you see a poin’y ‘at on me lad?"

saying 5 :“Sticks 'n' stones'll break my bones, but Gork and Mork'll smash yer 'ead to bits if'n you don't sod off you big bugger!”
- Gahzbag, Goblin Shaman telling off a Giant