PDA

View Full Version : Complex Question- Prayers of Sigmar

londo
25-04-2008, 21:34
Hi,
I've got a new official FAQ from the GW page and because im playing often against HE, one thing come in to my mind.
Few quotations first:

Q. Can a Priest of Sigmar be equipped with an item that has a bound spell?
A. Yes. His Prayers are not a bound spell item

Q. Similarly, does Drain Magic have an effect on spells that are cast at the power level of their casting cost? For example, if a spell is cast due a result of 6 on the miscast table when drain magic is in play, would it be cast at its listed casting value or its listed casting value +3?
A. +3 followin the answer above (about remaining in play spells). Such a spell would be more difficult to dispell, as it would have a higher casting value.

And my question is: what do you think, do Prayers of Sigmar are cast with higher power level due to Drain Magic spell?
Thank you

Lijacote
25-04-2008, 21:38
Going by what GW has given as an answer to those other questions, I'd say yes.

Falkman
25-04-2008, 21:51
You might want to read the entire part of the Drain magic FAQ...

"Q. Does Drain Magic affect Bound spells or Tomb Kings Incantations'?
A. No, as they don't have a casting value."

Prayers work exactly like bound spells, hence Drain magic do not affect them in any way.

Lijacote
25-04-2008, 22:20
You might want to read the entire part of the Drain magic FAQ...

"Q. Does Drain Magic affect Bound spells or Tomb Kings Incantations'?
A. No, as they don't have a casting value."

Prayers work exactly like bound spells, hence Drain magic do not affect them in any way.

Ah, I notice that there was a sneaky "item" in the end of "Prayers are not a bound spell" :D I apologize. No casting value, no harder-to-dispell, I would change my statement to.