PDA

View Full Version : chaos daemons

MINI0N
28-04-2008, 09:52
can the chaos daemon's daemon prince/greater daemon take lash of submition. if not what good spells do they have accese to.

pookie
28-04-2008, 10:12
you cant ask for rules im afraid, read the FAQ's or buy the dex.

Latro_
28-04-2008, 10:17
they can take something like it, pavine of slannesh? basically a toned down version of the lash, can only move them 1d6

MINI0N
28-04-2008, 10:25
the dex isn't out yet so i can't. thank you for the info latro.

pookie
28-04-2008, 10:37
then how would we know?

MINI0N
28-04-2008, 10:43
some people have gotten theres early. i've seen several people poste that they got there dex's like a week ago.

Shipmonkey
28-04-2008, 12:43
Next time, it wouldn't hurt to specify which Daemon Prince you were referring to.. Both the Chaos Marine dex and the Daemon dex have them and they are both rather different from each other.

Chem-Dog
28-04-2008, 13:54
Next time, it wouldn't hurt to specify which Daemon Prince you were referring to.. Both the Chaos Marine dex and the Daemon dex have them and they are both rather different from each other.

The first post did state that, I've bolded the appropriate section

can the chaos daemon's daemon prince/greater daemon take lash of submition. if not what good spells do they have accese to.

you cant ask for rules im afraid, read the FAQ's or buy the dex.

Asking if a particular model has access to a particular skill/piece of wargear is hardly asking for rules is it really? If a new member asked if he could give his chaplain a powerfist would you honestly tell him it's against forum rules to answer with a simple Yes/No? :)

Latro_ answered the question (which has been covered in several other places). Pavaine of Slaanesh is a toned down version of the Lash (I think it might have a shorter range too), although potentially worse really considering the fact that the Masque gets multiple goes with it each turn and you could fit another three Heralds in an army all with the same ability.

pookie
28-04-2008, 15:30
Asking if a particular model has access to a particular skill/piece of wargear is hardly asking for rules is it really? If a new member asked if he could give his chaplain a powerfist would you honestly tell him it's against forum rules to answer with a simple Yes/No? :)

Fair Point :D

Disturbing_Clown
28-04-2008, 18:05
The more interesting option(actually the GD gets it standard) for Slaaneshi GDs and DPs is hit and run in my opinion. As stated the Pavane is a much weaker version of Lash, and I'm not convinced it's worth it. The named Slaaneshi herald can do it 3 times a turn, though, so you might look at her if you think it's a useful ability.

Latro_
28-04-2008, 18:44
Latro_ answered the question (which has been covered in several other places). Pavaine of Slaanesh is a toned down version of the Lash (I think it might have a shorter range too), although potentially worse really considering the fact that the Masque gets multiple goes with it each turn and you could fit another three Heralds in an army all with the same ability.

Thats just dirty! hehe, even with 1d6 you can still bunch them up and um... soulgrinder that s$