PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings Power Dice

Menset
28-04-2008, 18:31
I know it states that Liche Priests and Liche High Priests don't generate power dice.
But does the army still have its 2 power dice that can be used to dispel remain in plays and also be stolen by magic items?

Milney
28-04-2008, 18:34
As long as the Tomb Kings book does not state otherwise then yes, they do generate the 2 basic power dice (as do all armies).

Shamfrit
28-04-2008, 18:34
That's really, really scary, I asked myself this very same question this morning as I'm trying to work out if Staff of Sneaky Stealin' would help dispel against them.

As far as I know from the rules point set, all armies generate 2 Power Dice regardless, even dwarfs I think, since they'd need a little chance at least of dispelling Remains in Play Spells, I could be wrong however.

Milney
28-04-2008, 18:39
That's really, really scary, I asked myself this very same question this morning as I'm trying to work out if Staff of Sneaky Stealin' would help dispel against them.

As far as I know from the rules point set, all armies generate 2 Power Dice regardless, even dwarfs I think, since they'd need a little chance at least of dispelling Remains in Play Spells, I could be wrong however.

As far as the BRB is concerned all armies *do* generate two powerdice.

There is no section saying "Only armies with wizards generate power dice", the section concerning it reads:

p106 BRB;

"After doing this, the player makes up his pool of power dice (sometimes also referred to as the 'pile' of power dice). This pool consists of two power dice, plus any power dice that are added to it by magic items or other special rules."

So RAW (and I assume as intended) states that all armies generate the two basic power dice, unless otherwise stated in thier Army Book.

I make good use of this with an Annulian Crystal against my regular TK opponent ;)

Malorian
28-04-2008, 20:21
Well you can steal them, but TK can also use them to dispel remains in play spells.

Mercules
28-04-2008, 20:31
Well you can steal them, but TK can also use them to dispel remains in play spells.

Which as an Ogre player you know is very annoying. :)

Malorian
28-04-2008, 20:46
Actually the TK player I face forgets about it every time ; )

Sure I could tell him, but after his bone giant magically double charges into my bulls I'm just not in the mood to tell him...