PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Wood Elves

Denthúl
28-04-2008, 18:37
So, here I am again, trying to get back into the game, and I'm torn between two armies that I like very much. I already have the list for one (Bretonnians) written up and I'm very happy with it, but I am still tempted to finish the Wood Elf army that I started a while back. This is what I came up with, though it has been a while since I wrote an army list.

Spellweaver (Level 4) with Calaingor's Stave - 275pts

Spellsinger (Level 2) with Dispel Scroll - 150pts

Noble, Wardancer Kindred with Blades of Loec - 145pts

2 x 12 Glade Guard - 288pts

3 x 8 Dryads - 288pts

6 Glade Riders with Standard Bearer and Saemrath, Banner of the Zenith - 187pts

5 Wild Riders with Standard Bearer - 148pts

3 Warhawk Riders - 120pts

7 Wardancers with Bladesinger - 140pts

4 Tree Kin - 260pts

Total - 2,001pts

It's probably not the best list but, like I said, it's the first full list I've written for a while. I'd really appreciate any advice on the choices that I've made and any that I should have made. :)

Feefait
28-04-2008, 18:48
You might want to consider dropping the treekin to 3 with an Elder. 4 is going ot be a very wide frontage, hard to manouever and you may not optimise attacks. My thoughts. And why 6 on the glade riders? Again, wouldn't this be to wide if you are goign straight across? I think over all it's a great list and should be fun to play. I like the 3 units of dryads and 1 wardancer. They can go anywhere and get some nice flank charges. And the 2 units of Gladeguard on either side of the tbale and then pinching in as you funnel things to the middle should do nice. Or pick apart and fast cav or flankers out there. Interested to hear your strategy in the selections.

Denthúl
28-04-2008, 19:59
Well, I had some extra points, so I bought a sixth Glade Rider. Might come in handy, seeing as their primary use will be for flank and rear charges. Also, being Fast Cavalry, it isn't as much of an issue with maneouverability, seeing as they can have free reforms.

I think you might be right on the Treekin, though. With the extra points I could add in a few more Glade Guard or Wardancers.

The entire list is quite dependant on a lot of use of the Tree Singing spell and the fast units being able to charge the flanks and rear of units whilst the Dryads and Wardancers attack the front. If I can't negate those rank bonuses, I'm not going to be winning many fights. I also like the banner stopping units from marching within 12" of the unit instead of 8". If I can get those Glade Riders into a nice position early on, it gives me much more time to move my hard-hitting units up the board. :)

Thanks for the advice :D