PDA

View Full Version : 2k lizardmen

Necronoxz
28-04-2008, 19:35
I try to get a kick ass froggy list form lizardmen
after the tourney last saterday I remade my list and this is what come out...
pls give me some advice and feedback...

Lord:
slan mage priest
second generation
magic items:
The divine plaque of protection
plaque of dominion
totaal: 560pt

Hero's:
skink priest
level 2
magic items:
-dispel scroll
-dispel scroll
totaal: 150pt

skink priest
level 2
magic items:
-diadem of power
totaal: 135pt

Core unit's:
12 skink skirmishers 72pt
12 skink skirmishers 72pt
10 skink skirmishers 60pt
10 skink skirmishers 60pt

Special unit's
4 kroxigor's 232pt
4 kroxigor's 232pt
4 kroxigor's 232pt

Rare Unit's
3x salamander 195pt

TOTAAL: 2000points

ATM I dont use a stegadon annymore becouse it never gives me the points back that it will cost... Tempel guards I reconsidered also but that will make 1 unit from 1000 points... so I dont think it will work out afterall...

so tell me what U think about it

stampy
28-04-2008, 21:07
Ace list: almost identical to what i use except i have 4 units of 3 kroxigors rather than 2 units of 4. 3 units go in centre, other units goes on one flank whilst salamanders go on other flank

Gimp
28-04-2008, 21:16
I really like your list.

Personally i love the 3 salamanders and to be honest a steggadon is over rated. Although I do think a 2nd Generation Slann is a bit over boared maybe go for a 4tg Generation but hey different strokes for different fokes :rolleyes:

Necronoxz
29-04-2008, 16:06
Ace list: almost identical to what i use except i have 4 units of 3 kroxigors rather than 2 units of 4. 3 units go in centre, other units goes on one flank whilst salamanders go on other flank

last saterday I played with unit's from 3 kroxigor's BUT every combat my kroxigor's came in they realy were with 1 model to less... that's why I go for the unit's from 4...

Question:
Is it a option to loze 1 unit kroxigor's for 6 terradon's?

Cragspyder
29-04-2008, 16:52
WAAC lizards if I ever saw it!

Should win you a few games, for sure, but if you brought that against me you'd better have bought every single Kroxigor (no proxies!).

stampy
29-04-2008, 17:03
Question:
Is it a option to loze 1 unit kroxigor's for 6 terradon's?

Yes, currently considering it myself by swapping one of my units of 3 kroxigors for a unit of 5.

As with your comment about units of 3 kroxigors not being enough, i always found this against ranked up units, but in tournaments you see few ranked up infantry units, and any that do appear, i focus on with damage dealing magic from the slann.

Ignore Cragspyder, its just a list suitable for tournament play like mine

Cragspyder
29-04-2008, 18:11
Ignore Cragspyder, its just a list suitable for tournament play like mine

That's the same thing as WAAC, friend.

But you are right, my post was not very constructive.

For my part I would swap for the Terradons to get some more variety in the list.

Couldn't hurt to find 10 points to make one Skink unit Scout, though of course that may not be suitable for 'tourney play'.

N810
29-04-2008, 18:16
Make shure to keep you Slan out of sight and use your Priest for line of sight. :)
because without the temple guard he's got a big target on his head and won't be able
to stand any close combat.

anyway it looks like a typicay tournament build...
not a lot of variety but it should win a few more games.

Necronoxz
30-04-2008, 06:00
Is you field a slann in a unit form tempel guards there are some points.
positive
1. He will survive in CC

Negative:
1. It become a big ass unit that will have a TARGET on the head
2. The unit comes verry fast in CC becouse it's to big and you cant move it verry fast away from the enemey something you CAN do with a single slann
3. If the unit is slain this cost me 100 VP for general 200VP for being a secont generation 560 for the slan and 350(+) for the tempel guards so totaal:1150 VP if it isn't more

and my slan has a 2+ ward save atm so I am not realy afraid for missile fire and magic ;)

about the scout's
If you play agains good tourney players you can deploy your scout's in your own deployment zone becouse he cover everything within sight so scouts are almost alway's useless... the second thing is I play my list to let my enemey come to me so dont need a single skink unit close to him :P

about the terradon's
I go and try to use 2 units from 3 terradon's in my army... and loze 1 unit of kroxigor's and add some skink warrior's :) If it dont work I can swap them back :P I play today here at the lokal shop so I post later if it have effect on my list or not ;)

for now tnx all for feedback

Da Black Gobbo
30-04-2008, 08:10
You will suffer a lot against WE my friend, Solo slann means dead slann, your skink priest alone is a dead skink too and if he goes in a unit of skinks just have to shoot enough arrows, i don't like this WAAC tourney armies at all. And Salamanders wear a big shiny poster over their heads saying HAIL OF DOOM ARROW ^^.

stampy
30-04-2008, 08:22
You will suffer a lot against WE my friend, Solo slann means dead slann,

How exactly?

There isn't a single army composition that has no weaknesses or will have a harder time defeating 1 or more armies. Every army will struggle against something

Da Black Gobbo
30-04-2008, 15:12
He has no combat res at all just lots of Kroxigors, lots of skinks and one powerfull mage alone, a balanced army well played will screw this, if i don't remember bad the balanced list use to be the top ones in tourneys.

About how to suffer against WE pretty simple, if the slann is alone he will be charged by lots of things that move much faster than kroxies and skinks and once it's in combat goodbye, eagle mounted nobles, waywatchers (the do not have to shoot they can perfectly charge in early turns, also hawkriders can do this too). I'm not saying that you are gonna loose, i'm saying that your WAAC army is difficult to play.

Necronoxz
30-04-2008, 19:24
Da Black Gobbo

I see.... you are a woodelf player????
or you just dont play agains this army yet????

I played agains MUCH MUCH MUCH VERRY MUCH wood elf player's but non of them realy scared me off... and the lowest score I did was sollid victoury win (just 6 more VP and I had a massacre also) but wood elfs just aren't scarry at all for me... Lore of fire will kill the driads and tree men in 2 turn's... only the wardancers are pritty scarry... but with poisoned attack's they also will die ;)

stampy
30-04-2008, 20:20
Quite funny as i beleive that wood elves are one of lizardmen's easier opponents for them to beat. Most armies will struggle due to the movement of forests etc but a lot of the lizardman army is skirmishers and so doesn't suffer from this. Better still, skinks are much cheapr than any wood elf skirmishers, particularly the bowmen. Only issue skinks have is against dryads, which can easily be dealth with through magic missiles and/or salamanders/kroxigors/terradons.

The hardest army imho will probably be something like a new daemon all Tzeentch list where our lizardman army no longer dominates the magic phase and will be the slight underdog due to the overpowered tzeentch spell that enables them to get extra powerdice. However cube of darkness does balance this very nicely and stops opponent for a whole turn in the magic phase 50% of the time. However the daemon core troops have no armour and so are perfect for skinks to javelin/blowpipe

Necronoxz
01-05-2008, 16:07
and this is the point ;)
every army have a weakness non of them are 100% power agains everything....
but the cube of darkness is mayby a point what I can chance tnx :)

Necronoxz
02-05-2008, 16:53
some more?

Krusty
12-05-2008, 22:14
it might be worth it to find some points to let your skinks go a'scoutin...