PDA

View Full Version : Giants in VC?

Volrath
28-04-2008, 20:22
Question, as a new VC player and fantasy player in general, are DoW Giants allowed in VC armies? Someone at my local shop says they are, and the rules are in a WD somewhere. I really like the plastic model and want to convert something up that looks awesome...sooooo

1) Are Giants allowed as an ally in a VC army?

2) if so, do you think they will keep this rule for a while? (it would suck to plop $40 on a cool model and not be able to use it)

Thanks for any replies gals and gals. cheers.

Atrahasis
28-04-2008, 20:24
I can't see it changing any time soon. (http://uk.games-workshop.com/dogsofwar/giant-rules/1/)

siphon101
28-04-2008, 20:29
giants are take-able by VC as DoW yes.

Kolvin
28-04-2008, 20:49
Are you sure? I didn't notice any DoW options in the latest book.

Shamfrit
28-04-2008, 20:58
That's because they're removing all the options 'in-book' from the 7th Edition Army Books. You can still take Dogs of War units as per the Dogs of War rules in any army that can or cannot do so otherwise. I suppose it saves paper, and it hints at a possibility of us getting a new stand alone book sometime in the future.

Gimp
28-04-2008, 21:10
Yes you can take a DoW Giant in a Vampire army.

But the question is do you want too. I mean he is expensive both points wise and money wise. While at the same time it is more fluffy and most likrly more tacticle to spend your points of VC stuff.

Shamfrit
28-04-2008, 21:26
Like say, a Black Coach or Varghulf for example, far superior.

Volrath
29-04-2008, 00:17
thanks guys...i've already got all that stuff...just looking to the future should i want to convert up something really nasty looking...better to be able to use it that sit in a case right? but yes. i'll be running a Varg and wraiths for the time being...

Rhamag
29-04-2008, 00:52
I'm trying a giant in my Skaven list because he can screen the Screaming Bell, is Stubborn 10 so runs away much less often than the rats and he causes Terror.

None of those things are needed for a VC army though, so unless you want one just for the cool factor (and that is fine by me!) then the VC's own rare choices are probably better.

I played with 2k of BoC and 2K of VC on friday night in a massive all-night teams gaming session. We discovered that the Giant and the Varghulf make a formidable tag-team duo.

Kabal of The Ordo Mallius
29-04-2008, 16:18
We discovered that the Giant and the Varghulf make a formidable tag-team duo.

Really now? I would never have guessed :P.

Volrath
29-04-2008, 16:24
hah, no doubt!

Rhamag
29-04-2008, 20:30
Certainly! V runs in, kills a bunch but loses on CR, loses a wound or 2. Giant comes in, stuffs hero into bag, V kills some more, combat won, everyone dies, bad guys happy!