PDA

View Full Version : Show your lists: Tomb Kings

Arryn
28-04-2008, 22:25
As the Title says: Show the other posters on Warseer your Tomb Kings army list!

I find myself often checking these boards and seeing what other peoples armies are composed of, in order to help me with building my own. What are the popular choices? Are the majority of TK army lists the same? Does every TK player take Tomb Scorpions?

Lets find out!

Oenghus
28-04-2008, 23:22
Sure, I'll bite. It's not like I didn't run the damn thing past the boards a dozen times to get it vetted anyway.

I generally play 2250 points.

Heroes:
Tomb King - Destroyer of Eternities, Collar of Shapesh.
Liche Priest - Cloak of Dunes, Scroll.
Liche Priest- Steed, Staff of Ravening.
Liche Priest- Casket of Souls, Scroll.

Core:
Skeleton Warriors - x20, Light Armour, Shield, Full Command, Banner of the Undying Legion.
Skeleton Warriors - x20, Standard Bearer.
Chariots - x3, Standard Bearer, War Banner.

Special:
Tomb Guard - x19, Full Command, Icon of Rakaph.
Ushabti - x3.
Scorpion x2.

Rare:
Screaming Skull Catapult - Skulls of the Foe.

I generally line the archers up in front of everybody else, and keep them (and the catapult) shooting away as often as possible. When the other player closes in, I do the whole 'reform and lurch forward' thing. It tends to work, except when it doesn't. It's entertaining, either way, and makes for some really messy bloodbaths when everything all crashes together at once in turn three.

TK & BT GENERAL
28-04-2008, 23:55
Tomb King
Destroyer of Eternities
Vambraces of the Sun
Light armour shield
261pts

Tomb Guard 23 strong full command. Note King goes in this unit.
Icon of Rakaph
358pts

Liche Priest
Dispel scroll
Hieratic jar
Skeletal steed
165pts

22 Skeletons -
HW, light armour, shields, standard, Banner of Undying Legion
233pts - note that one Liche is either added here or follows close behind for magic reason

Liche Priest
Dispel scroll
140pts

Liche Priest Hierophant
Enkhil's Kanopi
Cloak of the Dunes
155pts

Carrions 3 strong
72pts

Skeleton Chariots 3 strong no upgrades.
120pts

120pts

120pts

Tomb Scorpion
85pts

Tomb Scorpion
85pts

Screaming Skull Catapult Note Hierophant usually starts here.
Skull of the foe.
110pts

Bone Giant
220pts

Now this is a base for me as i have been trying to tweek it to face any army and not have one of those list that you have to adjust for every different army. With this said I am trying to decide if I would add another SSC and take out the Bone Giant as well as if I should take out the Bone Giant and add some Ushabti's. Well I hope you guys enjoy this list.

Arryn
29-04-2008, 01:24
Sure, I'll bite. It's not like I didn't run the damn thing past the boards a dozen times to get it vetted anyway.

I generally play 2250 points.

Heroes:
Tomb King - Destroyer of Eternities, Collar of Shapesh.
Liche Priest - Cloak of Dunes, Scroll.
Liche Priest- Steed, Staff of Ravening.
Liche Priest- Casket of Souls, Scroll.

Core:
Skeleton Warriors - x20, Light Armour, Shield, Full Command, Banner of the Undying Legion.
Skeleton Warriors - x20, Standard Bearer.
Chariots - x3, Standard Bearer, War Banner.

Special:
Tomb Guard - x19, Full Command, Icon of Rakaph.
Ushabti - x3.
Scorpion x2.

Rare:
Screaming Skull Catapult - Skulls of the Foe.

I generally line the archers up in front of everybody else, and keep them (and the catapult) shooting away as often as possible. When the other player closes in, I do the whole 'reform and lurch forward' thing. It tends to work, except when it doesn't. It's entertaining, either way, and makes for some really messy bloodbaths when everything all crashes together at once in turn three.

I like the look of this list, what do you find are its weak/strong points? Also do you face a variety of armies or just a certain few?

120pts

120pts

120pts

How do you find this goes on the battlefield? Do these units attact alot of attention? I would think so... I have 6 chariots of my own, but once a Prince is in one i can only take 1 unit between 4 and 6 strong... I wouldn't mind trying a list without a chariot mounted Prince/King but am worried that the Chariots would lose their punch without a character to help them out...

My list (restricted as it is by models) features a LHP, LP and 2 Princes, while i notice that both you guys run with 3 LP's... How well does this work for you both?

Also Tomb Guard, are they worth the points you spend? What situations do they tend to excel at? How do you guys tend to use them?

Oenghus
29-04-2008, 01:55
That's my all-comers list. I used to switch between the King and a LHP, but I like the Destroyer of Eternities too much. I play Orcs, Ogres, Lizards, Dwarfs, Chaos (of various types), and Brettonia on a regular basis.

Re weaknesses: I find that the chariots rarely do much for me, to be honest -- I'm still trying to figure out what to do with those things. They tend to either bounce or arrive too late to help. I also sometimes have issues with very heavily armoured lists, although less so once I worked the second scorpion into the mix. Other than that, things are pretty good.

Other than that, I feel like the list is fairly solid. Maybe not a tourney-winner, but who cares, really? I put the King in the Tomb Guard unit, and enjoy the 360 degree charging, hard-as-a-rock, killy unit. People expect Rakaph in a Tomb Guard unit, but they can't really do anything about it. I like to keep my army pretty compact for the first few turns, which means that the Guard & King can rescue any unit in the main force if, hypothetically, a dragon were to come calling.

I like having three priests simply because I don't like to take the risk of not having utter magic dominance. A LHP, LP, and two Prince army can work well, though. Try putting Nefarra's Plaques and the cloak on the LHP and you'll end up with a very strong magic phase even without the third priest.

Umm. That's about it, to be honest, as far as my thoughts go.

Milamber
29-04-2008, 02:33
Here's the TK forum where you'll find all the lists you could ever want. http://z4.invisionfree.com/Khemri/index.php?act=idx

As for me, at the moment I'm running this one:

TK, Destroyer and Collar
TP, GW, Brooch of the Great Desert
LP, Cloak, Jar
LP, Steed, Staff of Ravening

24 Skellies, LA, standard, Banner of the Undying Legion
10 Archers
1 Tomb Swarm

19 Tomb Guard, Champ, Standard, Icon of Rakaph
3 Ushabti
Tomb Scorpion

SSC, Skulls of the Foe
Bone Giant

Total = 2000

Esco Thomson
29-04-2008, 10:59
Sure, why not, my link is in my signature, but I will save you the trouble of a click. Also, I have not created my 2,250 list as of yet, but it will most assuredly closely resemble this list. It is used for tournament games, and any and all opponents, it is highly effective.

Characters
Tomb King(General)
Chariot, Flail of Skulls, Collar of Shapesh, Brooch of the Great Desert, Light Armor

Icon Bearer
Skeletal Steed, Armor of the Ages, Vambraces of the Sun

Liche Priest(Hierophant)
Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest
Skeletal Steed, Staff of Ravening

Character Total: 764
King joins chariot unit containing the BotUL. Banner helps to offset any transfered wounds via collar. Icon Bearer joins the unit of TG and is equipped in an attempt to offset the lower toughness and survivability in comparison to a TP. I also made sure to include the SoR and the BotUL to have two bound spells to help cover for the lack of an incantation. Standard setup for Hierophant and other priest with mounted liche joining Light Horsemen.

Core
3 Chariots
Standard Bearer, Banner of the Undying Legion

3 Chariots

5 Skeleton Light Horsemen

Core Total: 355
I had been rolling with a larger chariot unit for quite some time, but in testing I found that I rarely needed the look out sir roll, nor was able to get all models into contact. Horsemen generally follow the general's unit to provide additional incantation support.

Special
18 Tomb Guard
Champion, Standard Bearer, Icon of Rakaph

5 Carrion

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Special Total: 570
TG provide a very maneuverable block of static CR. Slower moving then most of the force, but they are quite resilient. Will usually start with both Hierophant and Icon bearer in the unit, with Hiero flying out when opportunity arises. Carrion and scorpion are pretty self explanatory, march blocking, war machine and mage hunting, as well as crossfire for the carrion.

Rare
Bone Giant

Screaming Skull Catapult

Rare Total: 310
BG does what he does best, runs up with the army and charges any small units, or runs in for a combined charge. I've never had any of these spectacular turns I read of with him, but overall he has proven to be reliable and a valuable asset. He almost assures to draw shooting to him, which can sometimes be a blessing. SSC shoots skulls...I make sure to be careful not to risk scattering into my forces, has only happened to me once, and I plan on keeping it that way.
Army Total: 1999

I will most likely be losing the Bone Giant in favor of another catapult, though it is partially up in the air. I will be adding another chariot, to make both units four strong, as well as finding room for some heavy horsemen at 2,250.

Cragspyder
29-04-2008, 16:42
Here is my list:

Tomb King
Light Armour, Chariot, Flail of Skulls, Icon of Rulership, Armour of the Ages

= 317

Liche Priest
Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar

= 160

Liche Priest
Steed, Staff of Ravening

= 168

Icon Bearer
Light Armour, Steed, Banner of the Hidden Dead

= 135

10 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen

full command, Banner of the Undying Legion

= 220

3 Chariots

standard. champion, War Banner

= 185

10 Skeleton Warriors
bows

= 80

6 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen

= 96

5 Skeleton Light Horsemen

= 70

5 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen
champion

= 94

3 Ushabti

= 195

Tomb Scorpion

= 85

Tomb Scorpion

= 85

Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

= 110

Total = 2000

Menset
29-04-2008, 18:00
Tomb King: Flail of Skulls, Collar of Shapesh, Chariot of Fire

Tomb Prince: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Enchanted Shield, Vambraces of the Sun

Liche Priest: Hierophant, Hieratic Jar, Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest: 2x Dispel Scroll

2 Tomb Swarms

3 Chariots: Full Command, Icon of the Sacred Eye

3 Chariots: Full Command

19 Skeleton Warriors: Full Command, Spear & Shield, Light Armour, Banner of the Undying Legion

25 Tomb Guard: Full Command, Icon of Rakaph

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Screaming Skull Catapult: Skulls of the Foe

Screaming Skull Catapult: Skulls of the Foe

Total: 2245

Bunny Lord
29-04-2008, 20:53
Am I the only person who takes LHP or what?

Anyway

Lord
high priest- cloak jar collar 315

heros
prince- great wep 104
prince- great wep brooch 129
priest- scroll 140

Core
10 bowmen 80
10 bowmen 80
19 skeletons- banner 162
5 light cav 70
5 light cav 70

Special
3 charriots 120
scorpion 85
5 carrion 120
19 tomb guard- banner icon of rakaph 280

Rare
catapult 90
cascket 165

2010 (its completly from memory its usually a little less than 2000).

moose
29-04-2008, 21:00
As yet unbeaten 2500pts list, very balanced and offensive - enjoy:

1 - Tomg King - Destroyer of Eternities, Enchanted Shield, Cloak of Dunes, Light Armour - 273
1 - Tomb Prince - Chariot, Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, Collar of Shapesh, Chariot of Fire - 203
1 - Tomb Prince - Chariot, Light Armour, Flail of Skulls - 192
1 - Liche Priest - Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll - 165

24 - Skeleton Warriors - Spears and Shields, Light Armour, Banner of the Undying Legion, FC - 290
16 - Skeleton Archers - 129
3 - Chariots - 120
3 - Chariots - 120
3 - Chariots - 120

1 - Tomb Scorpion - 85
3 - Ushabti - 195
25 - Tomb Guard - FC, Icon of Rakaph - 370

1 - Screaming Skull Catapult - Skulls of the Foe - 110
1 - Screaming Skull Catapult - Skulls of the Foe - 110