PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings 2250!!!!!!!!

Kissaholic
29-04-2008, 01:05
Lords:
High Queen Khalida - 420

Heroes:

Lichie Priest - 115

Lichie Priest - 115

Lichie Priest - 115

Special:
Ushabti(3) - 195

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Chariots(5) - 280
Musician, Standard Bearer,Icon on the Sacred eye

Rare:
Screaming Skull Catapult - 90

Casket of Souls - 165

Core:
Skeleton Bowmen(20) - 200
Blessing of the Asp
Skeleton Bowmen(14) -
Blessing of the Asp

Skeleton Bowmen(13) - 130
Blessing of the Asp

Oenghus
29-04-2008, 01:37
You have one too many heroes, I'm afraid. I'd drop one of the priests and downgrade the chariot unit a bit (maybe only 3 or 4 chariots, and no musician -- banner optional). With the extra points, I'd get some more skeletons -- archers or otherwise. Try for at least 20 in each unit.

I believe Khalida counts as a King for army composition, so your chariots would be core. Maybe more Ushabti or something?

Kissaholic
29-04-2008, 02:19
OK I fixed it and with 115 points left over what should I do more archers or something?

Oenghus
29-04-2008, 12:29
I think you should bulk up your two smaller skeleton units to twenty and see where you are. Consider some dispel scrolls and a cloak of dunes (or at least a steed) for your Hierophant so that he doesn't get caught and killed. You don't want him dying, really.

Kissaholic
29-04-2008, 20:02
Well if I bulk my skeleton units up they arent really going to be getting anymore shots off and I might get a skeletal steed because since Im playing a defensive army I dont move around too much except for the chariots ushabit and scorpions

I was thiking about mayb removing the chariots for some more ushabti? and some tomb gaurd?

Oenghus
29-04-2008, 20:50
The reason I'd suggest bulking up your little skeleton units isn't for more shots, but more survivability. Once the enemy closes with your lines, you need those blocks to hold long enough for you to bring your chariots and ushabti to bear. 20-30 skeletons take a lot of hurting before they crumble. 13-14, much less so.

Tomb guard are fine in a defensive list, but would be a big points hit in a list like this -- especially if you buy them in sufficient numbers to be useful. They aren't swordmasters, that can be run in units of ten and still be useful.

Another unit of Ushabti might be worthwhile. Hide one behind cover on each flank, sit back, and wait for your enemy to close with you (which he'll more or less have to do). When he does, pincer the ushabti into his flanks. Of course, that'll only work if your skeleton units survive until your own turn, so that's why I'd suggest bulking them up to twenty.

Kissaholic
29-04-2008, 21:16
Ok I see what are you saying I will try to fit them in. but in a 2250 point list its going to be hard