PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Customer Service in US

Lt.Bradford
29-04-2008, 01:08
Alright, heres the deal. I recently recieved an order of Elysian Drop Troopers from Forgeworld after around three months of waiting. After a short examination, I noticed some horrid gaps in the torsos from where air bubbles were. I know that many people fix this just by contacting Forgeworld, but the issue for me is that I live in the U.S. and I don't know what their policy is.

So, should I go with customer service, or try a greenstuff to fill the holes.

Tommygun
29-04-2008, 01:20
You will have to contact them by phone, which will cost you long distance charges. But I hear they are usually helpful by phone. They will not answer Emails. I have tried dozens of Emails when I had a missing item. I would just fill them yourself.

Vaktathi
29-04-2008, 01:50
Give them a call, and they will send replacements as soon as they can, they were wonderful in fixing problems I've had. That said, their Email might as well not exist, and calling them is expensive.

Lord Cook
29-04-2008, 02:37
FW are incredibly slow at answering emails, to the point where your descendants are more likely to get a reply than you are. However if you phone them and provide your order number, they will happily send out replacements for whatever items you have missing and/or damaged, no questions asked. I would call, get them to send you replacements, and then use GS to fix your existing set, thereby giving you 2 sets of troops :).

Orinoco
29-04-2008, 14:00
I know that many people fix this just by contacting Forgeworld, but the issue for me is that I live in the U.S. and I don't know what their policy is.

So, should I go with customer service, or try a greenstuff to fill the holes.

Their policy doesn't change depending on what country you live in. Call them up and explain the situation. The key is speaking to a live human instead of sending an easily ignorable e-mail. I sent them one a few months ago and suddenly this reply turned up and it was just a bulk message saying "we hope your problem has been sorted out". WTF.

Brushmonkey
29-04-2008, 14:20
Policy may have changed. In the UK you now have to send busted orders back to them freepost and await replacements.

Lord Cook
29-04-2008, 23:13
Policy may have changed. In the UK you now have to send busted orders back to them freepost and await replacements.

Really? I was given some wrong parts for my centaurs, I rang them up, and they sent me the right parts. I was never asked to send anything back. This was at most a month or so ago.

Commissar Holt
01-05-2008, 07:51
To get a cheap call to them, consider using the Skype programme, it would be a lot cheaper than using a landline or maybe using calling cards.
I had some trouble when I ordered some Cadian Veteran parts, they came without the backpacks. I phoned them, and they arrived about a week later no questions asked, they just sent me my stuff. Their customer service is generally very good I have found.