PDA

View Full Version : Ork Sizes

Mercer
29-04-2008, 15:01
I did try searching as I swear I've seen something like this before but I had no luck.

What sizes do Orks grow up to in various stages of there lives? I know a normal Ork is about 6ft, and heard of some Orks being 20ft. But how big is a Warboss or a Nob for instance?

Just out of interest as I plan to write a cool, detailed story about the Orks incorporating a battle report but want to get the sizes correct :cool: .

Mercer

pookie
29-04-2008, 15:05
i really think it depends on who and what they have fought against, dont they get bigger with the more battles they survive?

i think the 20ft Ork thing comes from the Ork/Nid fight on that forge world iirc.

Lord Malorne
29-04-2008, 15:10
I did try searching as I swear I've seen something like this before but I had no luck.

What sizes do Orks grow up to in various stages of there lives? I know a normal Ork is about 6ft, and heard of some Orks being 20ft. But how big is a Warboss or a Nob for instance?

Just out of interest as I plan to write a cool, detailed story about the Orks incorporating a battle report but want to get the sizes correct :cool: .

Mercer

Yeah i think it was on the forums a few weeks ago, IMO there is a MC sized limit for me...so no titan orks in my opinion :evilgrin:.

Mercer
29-04-2008, 15:19
Pookie yes they grow in size when they're fighting, not sure if they grow a certain size when fighting something particular etc Hive Tyrant they grow 18ft or a SM they grow 8ft instead.

I can't find it Malone, I get lost in a sea of posts. If someone wants to link it that will do nicely. I agree on Titan sized ones. Big ones, the sizes of Hive Tyrants yes but not Titans.

Mercer

pookie
29-04-2008, 15:24
i think it depends more on how much they fight rather than the size of their opponents, although im sure if all you fought against was Nid Fex's then the chances are they would grow fairly large fairly quick ( well lets face it if they died they wouldnt be growing much at all!).

i'l do a search too, wheres Bregolad when you need him....

Lord Malorne
29-04-2008, 15:31
Pookie yes they grow in size when they're fighting, not sure if they grow a certain size when fighting something particular etc Hive Tyrant they grow 18ft or a SM they grow 8ft instead.

I can't find it Malone, I get lost in a sea of posts. If someone wants to link it that will do nicely. I agree on Titan sized ones. Big ones, the sizes of Hive Tyrants yes but not Titans.

Mercer

Well the growth of orks is in fact directly proportional to there exposure to battle as in the armageddon book they said the same thing as orks on the frontline were noticeably bigger than ones that had seen less action, i'm sure a similar reference is in the Xenology book but i can't be bothered to dig it out.

PS: Its Malorne not Malone...some sort of 80's detective thriller name that is :D.

Barltok
29-04-2008, 18:03
The old thread I made a while back asking the same question can be found here: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135499

Damn near the same title too :p

Mercer
30-04-2008, 11:27
Nice one.

Mercer