PDA

View Full Version : Empire All cavalry 2000 pts list

LemanRuss
29-04-2008, 18:15
Hey guys i'm making an all cavalry army for empire, heres my army list tel me what you think please.

Empire Cavalry army list. 2000 pts

<----List deleted as it provided individual point values. WarSeer Inquisition---->
Army total = 2012pts

Lord_Squinty
30-04-2008, 07:45
Back on topic...
Have you actualy bought and started building this army?
In my experience all cavalry armies are boring to play with and against.
Basicly - point and charge.
You might want to mix in some other stuff, if even for the sake of you're sanity.

Marwynn
30-04-2008, 07:58
A) Do edit out the points costs, it's a silly little thing to get banned for.

B) I'd personally ditch the Outriders with their Repeater Pistols and grab some more magic items.

C) Don't go over 2000 points, 12 points over is not acceptable. Sometimes even 1 point is not acceptable. If you have to go below the point limit.

Now on to your Core:

10, 7, 6, 8... any particular reason? I'd chop them into five 6-Knight units. Or four 7-Knight units.

Use the remainder for other things. Like giving your Battle Wizard the Rod of Power. Or your Pegasus Captain the Doomfire Ring.

Or both actually if you chop them into a total of 28. You'd still have points left over from that.

The Templar Grand Master can join the IC Knights. You may want to consider giving these guys Great Weapons too. That way they'll constantly have Strength 5, and if you deploy them 5x2, you could have a reasonably tough unit.

The Red Scourge
30-04-2008, 15:00
Back on topic...
Have you actualy bought and started building this army?
In my experience all cavalry armies are boring to play with and against.
Basicly - point and charge.
You might want to mix in some other stuff, if even for the sake of you're sanity.

No they're not.

It's lots of maneuverability and lots of fun. The key issue is to use a combination of fast cavalry to harass and draw out opposing troops and the heavy for stomping. The empire has been given the single best fast cavalry unit in the game pistoliers, you just can't ignore these guys. Think of combining your units of pistoliers with mounted mages for the extra punch and added survivability of the mage.

I'd give the outriders a second thought. I just can't see them perform very well compared to pistoliers.