PDA

View Full Version : Ogre list for Battlefields

Orangetoggie
30-04-2008, 16:10
I really like the challenge of army selection that the Battlefields event has set. I fully intend on attending this years event and am taking my Ogres. Here is my first attempt at the list, with the two sub-lists. For those who don't know what Battlefields is here is the link
http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/warhammer_world_news/files/2008_wfb_battlefields_pack.pdf

First the 3000 point Master list
Tyrant, Tenderiser, Wyrdstone Necklace, Luck-Gnoblar, Longstrider; 300
Butcher, Bangstick, Dispel Scroll; 180
Butcher, Skullmantle, Dispel Scroll; 175
Battle Standard Bearer, Sword of Might, Bullgut, heavy armour; 209
Bruiser, Additional Hand Weapon, Wallcrusher, Fistful of Laurels, Gnoblar Thiefstone; 183

3 Bulls, Additional Hand Weapons, Bellower; 127
3 Bulls, Bellower; 115
3 Bulls, Bellower; 115
3 Ironguts, Bellower; 154
3 Ironguts, Bellower; 154
25 Gnoblars; 50
25 Gnoblars; 50
40 Gnoblars, Groinbiter; 82
11 Trappers; 66

2 Leadbelchers, Bellower; 120
2 Leadbelchers, Bellower; 120
3 Yhetees, Greyback; 215
Scraplauncher; 165

Gorger; 75
Gorger; 75
3 Maneaters, Cathayan Longswords, heavy armour; 270

Total 3000 points

Malorian
30-04-2008, 19:00
What the plan with the 40 gnoblars? Are they really going to do anything that 2 units of 20 can't? Same thing with the trappers. Any reason why you aren't going with two units?

I really don't like the setup of that last bruiser. I'd drop the big name and upgrade to a great weapon.

The greyback upgrade is very pricey for what you get.

Mercules
30-04-2008, 19:46
Malorian... I think some of those "odd" features might be for him to make up his 1.5k army and 2.25k lists as they have to be made up from the units of the main list.

• The Smaller Forces must be legal in their own right.
• The Smaller Forces must use complete units from the Master Army.
• The Smaller Forces must follow all the restrictions of army selection
from their appropriate Warhammer Armies book.

Orangetoggie
30-04-2008, 20:13
Mercules is correct. I had 80 points left and couldn't add any Ogres to existing units from the smaller army lists.

For your examination here are the smaller lists

The 2250 list
Tyrant
Butcher
Butcher
BSB

3 Bulls
3 Bulls
3 Bulls
3 Ironguts
3 Ironguts
25 Gnoblars
25 Gnoblars
11 Trappers

2 Leadbelchers
2 Leadbelchers
Scraplauncher

Gorger
Gorger

Orangetoggie
30-04-2008, 20:16
And finally the 1500 point list

Bruiser
Butcher
Butcher

3 Bulls
3 Bulls
3 Ironguts
3 Ironguts
25 Gnoblars
25 Gnoblars

2 Leadbelchers
2 Leadbelchers

Gorger

Please note that all games at Battlefields are scenarios which don't always rely on VPs. The Gnoblar units are the only units capable of scoring in the Hold the Line scenario unfortunately.

I built the list from the 1500 point list up. Not sure the best way to approach this, Top Down or Bottom Up (You can tell Im a systems engineer!).

Any thoughts welcome.

Mercules
30-04-2008, 20:26
Please note that all games at Battlefields are scenarios which don't always rely on VPs. The Gnoblar units are the only units capable of scoring in the Hold the Line scenario unfortunately.

Not if you add your Characters into the other units. You then have US 12. For a surprise you could move your US9 units into the area and then last turn join them with your characters.

EDIT: Ok, in looking at the scenarios, I don't envy you in trying to figure out the right forces. Basically you need 3 balanced lists that all use the exact same units through out. Maybe I'll have to look into this at some future date when I have the money, and time, to get 3k worth of Ogres painted. Heck, I have yet to get it all basecoated and I still need to purchase a tyrant.