PDA

View Full Version : Compulsory Charges through terrain

Malagant
30-04-2008, 17:05
What happens if some compulsory movement (eg Chaos Spawn, Waaagh!, Stupidity) causes something to move in to contact with an enemy that it was unable to see prior to it's movement (eg move through a forest or over a hill)?

jpf1982
30-04-2008, 17:09
This varies based on the special rules for each scenario. I believe waaagh moves them 2D6 reguardless of terrain ( could be wrong though ), squig hoppers move 3D6 through everything as they are both compulsory movement and a skirmished unit, however I do not know about chaos spawn.

Malagant
30-04-2008, 17:34
First, humble apology...I'd meant to post this in Rules forum!

Second, I understand how the movement works, but is it a legal charge? If they couldn't see them before moving, how can they charge them?

Mercules
30-04-2008, 20:36
Does the rule state something like, "If they contact an enemy unit during this movement it counts as a charge."? If so then it is charged. If it says something like, "...this unit may make a normal move up to x inches..." like some spells do, it is not a charge.

redrum
30-04-2008, 20:51
Does the rule state something like, "If they contact an enemy unit during this movement it counts as a charge."? If so then it is charged. If it says something like, "...this unit may make a normal move up to x inches..." like some spells do, it is not a charge.

I see what you're saying but if they end up in base contact how could that not be a charge? Would they just be considered to be in CC (as they would have to be if they're in base to base contact) without charging? So, the units are put in base contact and fight CC as if it were the 2nd round of combat, no charge bonuses, fight in initiative order, etc.?

Mercules
30-04-2008, 23:29
No... if you don't charge you can't base an enemy unit you stop an 1" away and you can't charge unless you have LoS and declare a charge, are required by something like Frenzy, or have some other clause in whatever brings you into contact with an enemy unit that states something like I mentioned above.

redrum
01-05-2008, 00:31
No... if you don't charge you can't base an enemy unit you stop an 1" away and you can't charge unless you have LoS and declare a charge, are required by something like Frenzy, or have some other clause in whatever brings you into contact with an enemy unit that states something like I mentioned above.

Yeah that makes perfect sense. Not sure why I couldn't figure that one out for myself. Thanks.

jpf1982
01-05-2008, 12:07
Squig hoppers are exception to this. As stated above they do contain the rule that states if they bounce into an enemy unit it counts as a charge and being a compulsory move does not require line of sight. This works the same way for the Orcs Waagh! rule. Each unit moves a full 1D6" and if it makes contact with an enemy unit counts as charging.