PDA

View Full Version : some work that you have been proud of

Fay_Redd
30-04-2008, 18:07
hello all. i am here today to ask you. what is the best model/army list you have created for 40k. like one you have been really proud of and throw praise at it whenever possible. mine i would have to say are my plans for my biker mek, i can see the model being awsome.

Gen.Steiner
30-04-2008, 18:12
Probably the Darendaran X Mechanised. A funky list and it's all Mechanised! I never thought I'd be that mad...

colmarekblack
30-04-2008, 18:24
My best work had to be my Dark Eldar Lord and Incubi x6 retinue. Took me a week for the Lord for finishing touches and 3 hrs on each Incubi.

grg3d
30-04-2008, 18:33
Mines gotta be...

Tomb Lord conversion, magnetized with all current options

And

Destroyers / Heavy Destroyers (10) all magnetized weapon arm , bases, torsos (so they can be either type)and can break down for transporting.

Grimtuff
30-04-2008, 18:37
Loads of stuff. Particuarly my Logan Grimnar, LOTD Flamey sword guy, Ku'gath and Valnir the Reaper.

All of which are in my project log[/shameless plug] :D

*Wonders if he'll get teleported to M,P&T while he types this....

Joewrightgm
30-04-2008, 18:39
My Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain. All plastic, made from a plastic kit-bash of Dark Angel Veteran robed body, a power axe handle from the Assault Marines, a banner top, and power fist.

Promethius
30-04-2008, 18:40
My BFG scratch-builds are probably the thing I have had the most fun making and some of the coolest looking that I own as well. Pride of place has to go to my large asteroid space station/orbital dock as well as the various tenders/civilian ships I have made to accompany it.

aad
30-04-2008, 18:44
my 15 landraiders,15 predators/razorbacks and 20 baneblades and 10 scratch macharius tanks(still in progress).

of that i,am really proud, and most of the pride came that i had the guts to spend that shotload of money on them.:D

Hicks
30-04-2008, 18:45
My best model that I still own is my flyrant. My best list is with my Steel Legion, I have yet to lose with it since I went for my current type of build. But I'm not saying this to brag, a lot of games were extremely close and a good half, if not more of the games I play are multiplayer ones.

toymaker
30-04-2008, 18:59
I have to say my Fly based Nurgle Defiler. Never saw one like mine and it fits my army theme

Necrontyr
30-04-2008, 19:21
I'd have to say my Mordian Rough Riders. Many hours converting, and just as many painting. Turned out fairly well though.
http://warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2548264&postcount=12

Col.Gravis
30-04-2008, 19:32
Probably the Leviathan that I'm still working on.

http://colgravis.blogspot.com/2008/03/leviathan-part-5.html

sukigod
30-04-2008, 19:33
My Big Mek, new trukk and my current WIP Scratchbuilt Battlewagon...

fwacho
30-04-2008, 19:36
I'm happiest with my raven wing army. you can see it in my gallery here. my avatar is a small sample of that. I also had a Landraider I painted or a guy with freehand sword and scrolls on it that I was mighty pleased with.

sukigod
30-04-2008, 19:47
Probably the Leviathan that I'm still working on.

http://colgravis.blogspot.com/2008/03/leviathan-part-5.html

That Leviathan is shaping up to be fantastic looking piece. I'd love to see it when it's painted.

Thoth62
30-04-2008, 20:25
I have a defiler that I did up for my Thousand Sons about 2 years back that still impresses the hell out of everybody when I bring it out to the shop on veterans nights.

It's definitely one that I am very proud of.

Son of Makuta
01-05-2008, 19:47
Hmmmm...

There's Ghallen, my huge ugly Chaos dreadnought thing, made out of a daemon prince, a Cold One head and, of all things, a pen top. As well as more stuff, obviously.

There's my scratchbuilt Tyranid gargantuan creature, 7.5" tall to the top of his head, like a gangly baby Warhound. Standing on half a Leman Russ. Still way off finished.

There's my beloved Tyranid kill-team, or my new giant Flyrant. Or the pretty-much-scratch-sculpted Warmachine 'caster I'm working on.

Most vexing.

My favourite list, has by far been a 2000 point horde list I came up with. It was an experiment based around getting all the troops I owned into one army: 54 'stealers, 32 Gaunts, 24 Hormagaunts. I basically lumped them, my flyrant, a broodlord, some warriors and some other cheap stuff into a 2000 point list and it's provided some of the most interesting and entertaining games I've had (and absolutely rumbles over gunlines, particularly when Night Fighting or Concealment means they only kill 3 Gaunts on their first turn. Gribble).

penguin663
01-05-2008, 20:28
Well I would have to say my Chaos Lord conversion is up there with my proudest models. Spend many a hour painting him after school in the the two weeks before Games Day.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/penguin663/100_0228.jpg

dvdhwk
01-05-2008, 21:32
I really like the FW Great Unclean One (my avatar).
You can see bigger pics of him and my other FW daemons on my blog here:
http://runningfromthelaw-dvdhwk.blogspot.com/search/label/Greater%20Daemon

I'm also starting work on my Sons of Sek Traitor guard army, which will have tons of conversions. I'm planning on taking it to the Las Vegas GT (if I can get 169 models built/converted/painted before then). I have high hopes for them as an army once they're all finished.

Sekhmet
01-05-2008, 21:32
Probably my Deceiver/Celestine conversion.

Johnnyfrej
01-05-2008, 21:50
I'm currently working on my most extensive conversion to date. Its for my Daemonhunter =][= Lord. He has the body of the Emperor's Champion(BT) with the sword chopped off above the hand and replaced with a ThunderHammer from the Assault termy box. The normal head is chopped off as well and is cradled in the left arm. The new head is from the Empire(fantasy) Knights box, it is the head with the wreath and beard.

So far he is assembled but havn't started with paint yet.

Probably my Deceiver/Celestine conversion.
Could you post a picture of this? I really want to see what this looks like!

Bunnahabhain
02-05-2008, 01:45
The rough rider platoon.

The conversions may not that be complex, and the painting isn't anything special, but it is a full platoon of lancers, in 40K. Yes, they're wearing red an black, and have a bugler. And pith helmets...

Gensuke626
02-05-2008, 02:17
My kitbashed Ork Trukk/Looted Wagon that looks like a WWII era landing boat on treads.

Roultox
02-05-2008, 02:56
My original 3rd edition first army. (Using the first 3.0 codex)

Bloodthirster
Abbadon (he was scared of being possessed)
10 Zerkers
10 Thousand Sons (Nasty back then)
10 Plague Marines
10 Havocs using 4 missile launchers
Predator with HB/Auto

It was my first army I built on my own without help and I am proud now, it was way ahead of its time in 1999-2000. R.I.P. my clumpy miniatures.

Currently, my WIP tenticle dudes:
Here is my Defiler, but since I gandered at the 5th ed stuff, they will be dreads soon.
http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/Roultox/?action=view&current=WIPn002.jpg
The basic guys will be redone, thank god I didnt get on a certain phase before I decided to change things!

Sekhmet
02-05-2008, 03:04
Could you post a picture of this? I really want to see what this looks like!

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84361&page=3

Oh it's based and such now, I just haven't taken pictures since then.

MrGiggles
02-05-2008, 03:14
I've a soft spot for my Orky creations. Honestly though, I'm still pretty new to this. I just started 40K last September.

I'm having a ton of fun painting and modeling though. So far, I'm pretty happy with my Kommandos and my Tankbustas and my scratch built Killa-Kan. The Big Meks I've done are pretty good, though the one with the Kustom Force Field isn't quite right. I'm working on a Warboss, another Big Mek, some Nobz, Stormboyz and a GW Kan. I'm also doing some old Raptors for a friend and they're looking pretty nice.

Gensuke626
02-05-2008, 03:17
That is Awesome Sek!

Sekhmet
02-05-2008, 03:27
That is Awesome Sek!

You'll probably see it in person this summer if you go to Other Realms on Monday nights. ;)

Joewrightgm
02-05-2008, 03:31
I'm most proud of my Black Legion Chaos Terminators led by their lord.

I've gotten alot of praise for my bloodletters too.

Gensuke626
02-05-2008, 03:37
You'll probably see it in person this summer if you go to Other Realms on Monday nights. ;)

Still do. I get the feeling that in 20 years or so, my group is going to replace Kyle's as the "Old Timers" Though I hope not...Kyle's a nice guy...but I'm off topic.

I wish I had pictures, but the best Mini's I've ever seen locally were the Khorne army of "Tickle Me Thrister" and the "Blood Letters". It was a tn of Green Stuff and demony bits to make a Blood Thirster that looked like Elmo...big smile and everything, and Red pipe cleaners with googly eyes as the Bloodletters...all in the shape of Bs, Ls, Os, and Ds.

Then he had his "Screaming mimes" chapter marines...a bunch of black armored marines with white faceplates. Not one of them had a boltgun in hand. And his "Rhino" was a couple of marines floating in mid-air over a black shadow that was the right size and shape of a Rhino.

I think the guy's name was James.

PumaKiller
02-05-2008, 04:18
I'm most proud of my Chaos Lord on a Disc of Tzeentch, it's not really spectacular compared to many conversions I've seen online before but I think he turned out very well and it was my first time I had ever tried anything with green stuff. I'm also quite proud of my latest conversion work on my Possessed Land Raider and Vindicator which you can see here

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/Pumakilla/Sons%20of%20Fortune/

Col. Tartleton
02-05-2008, 04:38
Then he had his "Screaming mimes" chapter marines...a bunch of black armored marines with white faceplates. Not one of them had a boltgun in hand. And his "Rhino" was a couple of marines floating in mid-air over a black shadow that was the right size and shape of a Rhino.

Greatest idea ever, if it was well executed.

Serpent
02-05-2008, 04:41
Let's see... I'm probably most happy with my 13th Company - that I hade the guts to do an army that, even if I roll well, will struggle.

My latest army contains the most tiresome and difficult converting I've ever done. A SoB army with Sisters of Sigmar as Inducted Guard. I've rebuilt 35 metal models with new arms, holding guns. And the guns were also converted (lengthened barrel), so that took a while...

Gensuke626
02-05-2008, 04:52
Greatest idea ever, if it was well executed.

When he fielded it, it was considered the best painted and converted army at the LGS I play at. His armies always attracted an Audience, even if we'd seen them a hundred times before.

Maxis Lithium
02-05-2008, 05:25
While not finished, and currently packed away, I am very proud of my Stompa/Slasha Gargant. It can double as either, as it has the weapons, and is pretty huge.

Once I get my own place again, I'm going to finish this bad boy and then get togeather my friends for an Apoc Battle they will never forget.

I'm also fairly proud of my Grey Knights, as they really do look like grey knights should.

da big mek
02-05-2008, 06:07
unit of ork ard boyz with armour made completely out of sprue scraps and rhino doors
their burnas were cool too. all looted :]

hush88
02-05-2008, 07:49
I was in a pretty nasty mood when i made the "trophies" conversion. Got some of the parts from a good friend.:evilgrin:

I am not really a good painter, but i like the nastiness of these.

Arrgh.....need to edit pictures.....will try to put up later.

WilhelmRochRedDuke
02-05-2008, 17:37
So far I would have to say the 6 converted sentinels that I did to look like the Forge World Drop Sentinels (see my army link in the Sig) and second to that was the mini that I painted and converted for the Summer Painting Exchange - That mini went to Light of the Emporer. That was a female commissar.
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110023

Angelwing
02-05-2008, 23:26
H'mm.
I've put alot of work into my imperial guard and battle sisters. Still more detailing to be done , but I'm happy with the look.
I am proud of the fact that all my tyranids are painted. All 13k. Possibly a bit mad too!
I've been pleased with my BFG ork space hulk, which turned out better than expected.
Fantasy wise, I chuffed with my Lhamian vampire riding her zombie dragon. She doesn't get used much though!

Lord Cook
03-05-2008, 00:30
My mechanized army in progress. When it's all done it will look great, but until then...

destroyerlord
03-05-2008, 06:25
Either my Gandalf the Grey or Eomer....I haven't painted any of my chaos marines yet...don't hurt me....

Koryphaus
03-05-2008, 07:42
Does painting the umpteenth (read: some obscure number well over 100) the same colour as all the others?

I have to say that I'm quite proud of my Imperial Fists, and have had many comments about my beautiful Word Bearers... Gotta get them finished though...