PDA

View Full Version : Vampire idea - 3000pts

paspinall
30-04-2008, 19:46
ok, this is just a dabbling list, one based more around a story than anything else; the idea being a female vampire, quite probably with a grail as a dark imitation of the fay enchantress, and her consort who is more knightly.

Nothing is particularly set in concrete although I do already have a pack of dire wolves.

Lady: +1 Level and Dark Acolyte, Lord of the dead, Summon creatures of the night, beguile, , Blood Drinker, Walach's bloody Hauberk, , Black periapt

Lord: Dread Knight, red Fury, Walking death, Dread lance, crown of the damned

Necromancer: 2 dispel scrolls

Wight King: BSB, Sword of the kings, Flayed Hauberk, Skeletal steed

20 Skeletons: full command

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

19 Grave Guard: Full Command, banner of the dead legion

5 black knights: Full Command, barding, banner of the barrows

5 Black Knights: full Command, barding, Royal standard of Strigos

Varghulf

7 Fell bats

Total: 2998

Comments?

Malorian
30-04-2008, 21:46
Might as well give the wightking a shield rather than the flayed hauberk. It's only a 3+ compared to a 2+ save but you save a lot of points.

I think you would be better off trading the GG banner with one of the knights. Double unit strength on knights is deadly and catches a lot of people off guard.

7 Fell bats might be a bit big, but it depends on what you plan to do with it.

King Thurgun
30-04-2008, 22:30
Wait wait wait... if this is an army aiming to be "evil bretonnians"... where are the blood knights??? You absolutely must have them, they're the quintessential evil knights and they're perfect rivals for grail knights. Also, I would go with Zombies rather than skeletons, with men-at-arms bits mixed in, to get a peasant horde feeling. A corpse cart grail reliquae might be fun too.

paspinall
01-05-2008, 09:57
Banner: Might consider that I shall have to think about it.

Wight King: Ok point taken :)

Fell bats: I wasnt sure what else to put in the list which is why they are so big a unit

Bretonnian feel.... well its not that pure a Bretonnian feel as I do want to use the Vampire models mostly. Regarding Zombies, i must say i havent seen many people suggest them instead of Skeletons to me before now ! Blood Knights.... VERY expensive unit, and Vampires hmm, I had thought more of the pair of Vampires limiting other Vamps around, the Varghulf being the exception cause it essentially being a beast.

Andrew Luke
01-05-2008, 16:07
I like the idea, I am doing something similar myself, a blood dragon army that is mostly on foot with no blood knights. BKs are very cool but so damn expensive and easily led around. There is something about martial infanrty of GG and skellies that is just appealing, I say go for it. Just be aware that if you vamp joins a unit of black knights they lose ethereal movement.

paspinall
01-05-2008, 18:04
I like the idea, I am doing something similar myself, a blood dragon army that is mostly on foot with no blood knights. BKs are very cool but so damn expensive and easily led around. There is something about martial infanrty of GG and skellies that is just appealing, I say go for it. Just be aware that if you vamp joins a unit of black knights they lose ethereal movement.

Yeah, well the other option is to leave him on his own, or possibly give him a Abyssal Terror?

If I did that would I need the second set of Black Knights?

Infact though I know I have the dire wolves already should I add in the other beasts or go for something else?