PDA

View Full Version : Another Skrag Question

skitzoid
01-05-2008, 12:19
In Skrag's requirement list it says that:

"Skrag Must be the army General. The usual restriction for taking slaughtermasters (having to take a tyrant first) does not apply."

So Does that mean at 3000+ I can take Skrag and a Slaughtermaster or just that you can take Skrag and you don't need a Tyrant to do so at 2k or more?

Reading it it really seems like the former, but that could be my own wishful thinking.

I got a big game 3000 point game this weekend and it sure would be a surprise to my opponent to unleash 12+ dice on them

Mercules
01-05-2008, 12:46
RAW - The restriction for Slaughtermasters is lifted. No Tyrant needed.

You could take:
Skrag
Slaughtermaster
Butcher x4

18 dice in an OK army. Definitely not expected.

theunwantedbeing
01-05-2008, 12:49
It does look like you can indeed take skrag and a slaughtermaster without the need for a tyrant in a 3k list, even though this may not have been the actual intention.

It states the restriction doesnt apply.
As opposed to saying the restriction doesnt apply to him.

I'de allow it personally.
Although I dont think it was quite what the designers intended.

Malorian
01-05-2008, 17:25
Hmmm that would make for a nasty magic heavy ogre list...

Hard to be ready to take the bull charge when you are busy having your bones broken ; )

That being said I wouldn't suggest going this route. Thanks to the spells getting harder to cast as you get them off mean that you get pretty limited.

So even though RAW and plain old fun says you can do it, I wouldn't suggest it...

Mercules
01-05-2008, 18:02
You would have to start casting with the Butchers at 1 die, then 2 once you got a few off and then the Slaughtermaster/Skragg when you got up to 9+ so you could use 3 dice on them. It would definitely be a surprise for most people used to playing Ogres, but hard to run.

skitzoid
01-05-2008, 19:20
Well verses Techlis and the High magic VC especially those taking multiple corpse carts and that skull staff they have, this seemed like the most interesting list to combat that.

I know my next VC oppoenent is coming with 2 balefire carts and that staff giving me -2 to cast and a +1 to his dispels. along with his 15 some odd dice with Manfred.

He comes High ethereal as well and those wraiths have just been murder on my ogres.

Anyway this just seemed like the sort of surprise that could create a lot of confusion while still retaining a lot of combat shock troops and a pair of yhette units.