PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimas

Zippy24
01-05-2008, 15:00
Hello everybody! Me and my friends have decided to make an apocalypse army featuring some Imperial guard, Space marines and Tau. Most people think that the Tau would never fight with the Imperium so I made this story. Most tau players won't like it but I like the Imperium more!

So it starts off in the year 40201 when an Imperial guard army from Quasarr 3 (i made up the planet) including thier space marines and Imperial guard regiments came looking for a planet after Quasarr 3 was destroyed from a massive warp. The storm devoured the entire system of Torino.

The army, finally in 40211 found the perfect planet and immediately started colonizing the empty planet. Since no other race had inhabited the planet it was a easy task. Over the years the Tau empire expanded and even though they tried to capture the planet known as Ozinon they never succeded. The Tau captured every planet surrounding Ozinon so the imperials were surrounded by the Tau.

The army that inhabited Ozinon now known as the Airons (Being named after the hero that saved the entire planet from a massive Tau invasion) never used any aggression against any alien race unless they were defending from an alien threat. A group of Tau thought that the Airons were the true greater good by only being defensive and not offensive and decided to join the Airons.

In the year 40224 a massive ork Waagh attacked the planet of Ozinon almost wiping out half the planet. After a year of grueling fighting, the planet was saved by Arkon Sillion, a master of assassination and a master sniper sent out and assassinated the ork leader. The orks had no coordination and the Axons 12th platoon crushed the rest of the orks but pockets of ork resistance still exist.

The Space marine chapter is called the Axons. The chapter was started two years after the ending of Horus Heresy. They were created because of the raising rebellions in the neighboring planets but never saw action until hive fleet Behemoth. They are now used for large battles and their scouts specialize in sniping.

I will start the project soon. Also I have to give Brother_Chaplian Raimo a huge thanks for helping me with the story.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
01-05-2008, 20:09
I'm sorry, but 104M30 predates the Great Crusade, the development of Space Marines proper, and the Imperium itself. Plus, the Tau didn't reach their current level of evolution until mid-M40, and were in no place to colonize planets until within 200 years of the beginning of M41. They haven't been around very long at all, compared to any of the other races. Otherwise, fairly good, if a bit confusing. Ultimeres sounds a hell of a lot like Ultramar, domain of the Ultramarines. What chapter of Marines was this? I assume it has ties to the former Quasarr system, but you never know. These new, expanding Tau thought a group of Imperials who had recently annihilated one of their colonies and claimed it for themselves were the true Greater Good?

Zippy24
01-05-2008, 22:55
Oh thanks for the stuff, I'll change it. Is it good now?

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
01-05-2008, 23:18
Much better. :)

Minor, Zen Taoist Ninja Nazi Blowfish-style gripes- feel free to disregard.
Still no chapter name? Even a Diy chapter- it would help, and they could have a history all of their own. Alternately, you could use one of the more obscure GW-official ones.
Imperial Guard Platoons? A platoon is, most commonly, 60 or so men. I suggeust using "Regiments"
211M42 is extremely recent in the timeline, if not in the near future. Perhaps 211M41? That translates to 40211, just in case Imperial Date Notation confuses you.
You've gone to another extreme with the planet they found. Perhaps have the heroic capture of their new home from the Orks or somesuch a historic event, influencing their culture/tactics/religion/ect.
Airons. Interesting name. Any history behind that? A cool little tidbit, adding character, if you add it.

All I've got for now. Very nice little history you've got here. Internet cookies for you.

And yes, I am a Zen Taoist Ninja Nazi Blowfish.

Zippy24
01-05-2008, 23:38
Thanks, 75% was you helping me. Thanks times a million.

PondaNagura
01-05-2008, 23:40
this really should be on the stories and art board; since it really doesn't have anything to do with modeling.

also try and break up that block-o-text into shorter paragraphs; i lost my place somewhere in the middle...

Zippy24
01-05-2008, 23:42
Okay, I will be putting up some pics today or tomorrow this is just connected to my regiment so I decided to put it here. Painting the Tau test model now.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
02-05-2008, 00:37
PN has an excellent point- be sure to use correct spacing, punctuation and grammar. I usually take up the mantle of Grammar Nazi whenever I can, but your fluff intrigued me, so I let it slide.

My only remaining gripe (dammit, Raimo!) is the lone scout who saved the world. A little over the top, IMHO. Perhaps a Terminator squad lead by a particularly zealous Chaplain who, defying the Master of the Chapter's orders to preserve the strength of the Chapter, spearheaded a pinpoint orbital assault which destroyed the Ork's capability to fight as an organized force, giving their lives in the process. Much more win. ;)
Rather lengthy, that...

Oh, and another IG platoon seems to have won a war by itself. further;)

Still, looking good. Keep it up.

Zippy24
02-05-2008, 03:08
Its not really a single scout, its just that I have never seen a terminator using a sniper rifle, and it was the scout sent on a assassination, maybe a trained imperial sharp shooter? My army is largely focused on stealth and being cheap and not giving the enemy leaders a chance to even know that they are being targeted by a sniper.

Col. Tartleton
02-05-2008, 06:04
how about a vindicare assassin master.

One of them could lead up enough dome to save a planet from orks. If you shoot the big ones the rest of the mob start killing each other to replace them. Eventually a Super sniper could kill all the leaders and let the guard mop them up.

And tau don't do major invasions. Their are less then 100 billion tau in the galaxy. Their are over 10,000,000,000,000,000 humans by my estimates. yes, that is quadrillions of humans. This is a low ballpark estimate, it may be higher.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
02-05-2008, 11:37
Or, if you like, a Vindicare. I think terminators are more epic, but that works too. I imagine the Tau can certainly do major invasions when they need to- how do you think they take planets from the likes of orks? Negotiation?

Zippy24
02-05-2008, 14:43
I prefer the sniper sniping the Captain then the armies wait for the orks to destroy themselves.

I'll post the Tau test model up this afternoon.

Check out the model I'll be using for Arkon Sillion

http://i32.tinypic.com/15oa2v8.jpg

Reminds me of Crysis.

Oh this is vindicare assassin? /\
|

Zippy24
03-05-2008, 04:53
Here is the Tau test model

http://i32.tinypic.com/2ih5ik5.jpg

Day mission

http://i31.tinypic.com/2134wbb.jpg

Night mission , he is a stealthy one. :)

More Tau soon.

warflag
03-05-2008, 12:47
Hmm...
What exactly was this test about? If it was about hiding, then we have a positive result. :p

Nice trees by the way ;)

Is that a drop pod on the left?

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
03-05-2008, 14:06
Yes. That fellow is a Assassin, of the Temple Vindicare. Pure win.

Zippy24
03-05-2008, 16:53
Hmm...
What exactly was this test about? If it was about hiding, then we have a positive result. :p

Nice trees by the way ;)

Is that a drop pod on the left?

Well since my army is highly based on stealth then I thought I'd like to show you how stealthy they are. Next to the Tau is a ruin from the battle of Macragge set. If you want I can post a pic of him in pure light with no terrain.

Sorry Col. Tartleton I was thinking of a vindicator, the space marine tank.

A small update

http://i25.tinypic.com/e7gff8.jpg

This is a bit of my army with my first scratch built vehicle and two half painted Tau.

http://i31.tinypic.com/xcm4x1.jpg

Here is the test model in plain view.

Zippy24
06-05-2008, 00:04
Okay I don't have an update but I was wondering if anybody saw the last one.

skullcandy
10-05-2008, 03:31
hahah, you still have your old legos as well? You are not alone.

Zippy24
23-05-2008, 03:02
Yup, makes a great backdrop for a foggy day on Ozinon. Sorry for not posting any updates, I have had almost no time to work on the project so nothing to show.