PDA

View Full Version : NEW Khorne Deamons of Fun

vinny t
01-05-2008, 19:22
Hello everybody, I am having a very hard time decind whether to take this army...

Thirster with +1 Str and Flaming, 4+ Armor, Dispel Scroll, and Hatred :)
2 Hearlds of Khorne with 4+ armor
3 units of 10 letters w' standerds and 1 with the banner of Sundering (anti magic)
2 units of 5 Flesh Hounds
2 units of 2 Crushers

OR....
Thirster with +1 Str and Flaming, 4+ Armor, Dispel Scroll, and Hatred :)
Hearld of Khorne with 4+ armor
3 units of 12 letters
2 units of 6 Flesh Hounds
2 Crushers with standerd and Sundering Banner
4 Crushers

These are both 2k, any input apprechiated

(or should I take ANY Hearlds)

Nabeshin1106
01-05-2008, 22:48
List two looks better, imo. Why a unit of 2 Crushers, and another of 4? I would make them two units of 3, that way you get the most use out of them.

vinny t
02-05-2008, 15:30
Sorry, the Hearld(s) go in the cursher units, they have jugs, my bad.

darren redstar
02-05-2008, 15:38
Sorry, the Hearld(s) go in the cursher units, they have jugs, my bad.
surely only the slaaneshi heralds have jugs? (!)

Revlid
02-05-2008, 15:46
surely only the slaaneshi heralds have jugs? (!)

Such lewd speculation, sir, is neither here nor there!

I personally prefer the first list.

minionboy
02-05-2008, 22:41
I think the first list would get spanked, and not in the happy fun way. But I think if you rearranged the troops to have 3 units of 12 and maybe cut out some hounds, you'd be in good shape.

Gralph!?!
03-05-2008, 01:06
i look at both lists and i can see a massive problem in them both (firsth the banner of sundering can only be taken by a herald) and also it has prractically no staying power, a unit of knights will happily take on your small units of letters and slaughter them (personally i would charge even with gobbo wolf riders) as they lack armour and haven't got any real staticcombat res so if you take a couple of casualties in a unit here or there and the unit will suffer greatly. i think one way to improve your staying power would be to merge one of your units into the other , having 2 units of 15 will be the better sizes since you have a couple of ranks and the ability to out number while normally you would be outnumbered. the other way i would improve it is by having a herald with the icon of chaos glory so that your deamons if they make a break test will have stubborn and get a re roll because of it so it will make it very hard for your opponent to break a unit of letters in a single charge as you will be hard pressed to crumble from a leadership 8 test with re roll.

vinny t
03-05-2008, 17:53
The reason that I have units of 12 ish is, while playtesting, 10 empire knights can only kill them (on adverage) if I roll 11 for breaktest. Then next turn I can charge the knights in flank with other letter unit and break them. And that is if the knights make fear test to charge.
I will usually use thirster to kill cav. anyway (with S 7) letters are for core, and to mop up the occational unit that sneaks by my thirster-crusher-hound wall of death.
HOWEVER, in 2250 I WILL rase unit size to 20, knock off a letter unit, and add furies.

PLZ keep those suggestions coming!!!

Gralph!?!
03-05-2008, 18:06
far enough then. oh and be afraid of masses of infantry blocks as ther static combat res will screw you over a little bit.

vinny t
03-05-2008, 18:09
I know, *groans* the only hope I have is that at tournies there arn't many infrinty blocks. I plan to terror them or awoid them untill I kill everything else.