PDA

View Full Version : magic item question, probably only needing a very quick answer

anarnii
01-05-2008, 22:46
hi just quick question, which is probably staring me in the face, is there limits on the numbers of maguc items you can take?

i know you can only take 1 ward save, and 1 magic armour, is it 1 per magic catagory or not?

thanks for reducing my ignorance

Masque
01-05-2008, 22:50
Each character can have one item from each category (Weapons, Armour, Talismans, Arcane, Enchanted, Standards) assuming he can afford them all. There are exceptions. The most common being that a character can have any number of scrolls or Power Stones and still have another Arcane Item.

Also, there is no restriction on a character taking more than one item that gives a ward save. He can only use the best one though.

Spirit
02-05-2008, 00:41
Each character has an allotted points value in magic items.

It is usually 50 points TOTAL for heroes, and 100 points TOTAL for lords. It will be in their entry in the army book.

anarnii
02-05-2008, 02:34
ahh ok this is in the context of trying to work out if a JSOD can have the jaguar charm and the firefly poison (makes mundane weapons magical), a combination which seems to be common, but apparently illegal, thanks masque.

Nainou
02-05-2008, 04:50
If character has more than one ward save, I think that he can choose which one to use...

Like others have said, those are the normal limits. Example dwarf thane can take magic items for 75pts and because this abnormal-limit, it is described in the Dwarfs book. SOme characters can have more than one example hmm... Arcane item and it is described in the book too.

Spirit
03-05-2008, 01:17
Regeneration also now counts as an extra ward save for all purposes i think. So thats really the easiest way to get 2 ward saves i would imagine.